Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah! I have wild selection of camo gear so I will always be prepared to meet the elements of weather. When I go to hunt I normally
have 2 bags of assorted layering clothes. Mask are abundant.
I am the same way, I have 4 complete sets from socks to gloves to masks etc for early season, 4 sets for late season with bibs and jacket masks hats. Don use my late season gear has much anymore since I bought my IWOM.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I actually need to get rid of some out dated articles. Light, warm, and quite is great except at 1st of season. Then cool prevails.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, I like the whole cool thing during turkey season more than deer. During deer I am in a treestand so I wear a moisture wicking shirt, super thin pair of pants and uninsulated boots. During turkey I wear a pair of OD green scrubs under a leafy suit and that's it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I do both but turkey season is much shorter than deer so 5 months of hunting spread out.
My stands are various types and always up hill walk to access. I dress in layers so on the way out to hunt a jacket goes inside my pack until needed later ar the stand. That helps with sweat control.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I do both but turkey season is much shorter than deer so 5 months of hunting spread out.
My stands are various types and always up hill walk to access. I dress in layers so on the way out to hunt a jacket goes inside my pack until needed later ar the stand. That helps with sweat control.
Have you ever seen an IWOM? Best piece of gear I have bought in a long time. It's like one of those Heater Body Suit but it has arms, so no need to unzip and sit in the cold until a shot presents itself. They are great about November on or October depending on the weather. The reason I bring it up is because you talked about dressing in layers and this completely eliminates having to do that.

Here is a link they are a little expensive on the front end between $250.00 and $400.00 but I don't look like the little brother from A Christmas Story in my stand anymore trying to move around.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You better watch wearing those masks....They mess with your mind. Next thing you know, you will start thinking Whitetails Lives Matter!!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yeah! That is what I talking about. Take it to them!

Reactions: philztoy

·
Registered
132 Posts
Our death rate in Scotland was 0 for about 2 months then we had 6 deaths in 1 day then 0 for a few days then 1 death and everywhere here were you can't social distance you MUST wear a mask we were in total lockdown for 3 months then they opened the pubs(bars in the US) then the positive rate started going back up so they are talking about going back into lockdown and we don't have anywhere near the impact that the virus has in the US. This is something that can kill anyone please don't listen to trump he want heard immunity which would need to infect 70% of the population to work and as the death rate is high with covid about 2-3million people would die

·
Registered
43 Posts
Our death rate in Scotland was 0 for about 2 months then we had 6 deaths in 1 day then 0 for a few days then 1 death and everywhere here were you can't social distance you MUST wear a mask we were in total lockdown for 3 months then they opened the pubs(bars in the US) then the positive rate started going back up so they are talking about going back into lockdown and we don't have anywhere near the impact that the virus has in the US. This is something that can kill anyone please don't listen to trump he want heard immunity which would need to infect 70% of the population to work and as the death rate is high with covid about 2-3million people would die
It is a fairly well known fact that the total infected and the death rate in the US is not correct. The United States incentivized the corona virus numbers then they told hospitals that they would get a lot more money for a person with the corona virus. Our local hospitals that usually get $3000 for a normal death gets $9000 for a Covid-19 death. What do you think they are going to mark as cause of death? In other words, the person may have died of cancer but if they had a cough then the hospital would mark it as Covid-19. Thus, our numbers are way out of whack. I personally had the Covid-19. It was nothing more than a cold and no where near as bad as Influenza.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It is a fairly well known fact that the total infected and the death rate in the US is not correct. The United States incentivized the corona virus numbers then they told hospitals that they would get a lot more money for a person with the corona virus. Our local hospitals that usually get $3000 for a normal death gets $9000 for a Covid-19 death. What do you think they are going to mark as cause of death? In other words, the person may have died of cancer but if they had a cough then the hospital would mark it as Covid-19. Thus, our numbers are way out of whack. I personally had the Covid-19. It was nothing more than a cold and no where near as bad as Influenza.
I think it all comes down for what brand or flavor of facts you prefer. If you dont like the facts given to you by one brand of media just change the channel til you here something you like.
Truth is people are getting sick and some are dying from this China virus. Our prayers go out to them and their families.
Oncebitten

·
Registered
212 Posts
In Michigan they are counting deaths per day and lately we have about 10-15 per day (low for michigan). They have also been including in that number covid "deaths by records review" which has lately been half that number. Death by records review... so I guess you get to die twice?

Detroit got hit hard at the start of it (I think before the start actually) I counted 20-25 people I know who I think had it (mostly based on their comments about their weird loss of smell and taste). Most of those were before it was suddenly recognized as a diagnosis at the end of the day of the democratic primary (there is a super spreader event for you).

I am convinced covid was in the Detroit area at least as early as December with a LOT of cases. I knew a lot of people who were sick then with and uncharacteristic bad flu. But then again not that unusual to have sick people in Michigan in the winter. What Marco said is true and also what thunder said is true. I had one person who was really sick with it I thought she might die. Healthy 40 something. The rest were having bad flu like symptoms and were ok. Some old some young. One older fellow 70 plus friend of my brother died from it.

I'm kind of hoping we reached a little local herd immunity. It has become such a political tool of a disease in the U.S. I agree with Thunder that we aren't getting accurate numbers or information in the U.S. It is ridiculous here in Michigan we have a developed a covid dictator in our governor Whitler.

The only thing I know for sure is there is no covid risk alone in a tree stand! I hope everyone gets a good one out there this year!!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
LOL! One could think a symptom of Covid-19 was anxiety the way people were raising hell over the least reason to get in the streets and tear up other property.:eek::mad:o_O(n):devilish:

·
Registered
224 Posts
The only thing I know for sure is there is no covid risk alone in a tree stand! I hope everyone gets a good one out there this year!!!
LOL! One could think a symptom of Covid-19 was anxiety the way people were raising hell over the least reason to get in the streets and tear up other property.:eek::mad:o_O(n):devilish:
After all we've been through this year it is going to be very peaceful sitting in the woods this fall. Good luck out there.
Oncebitten

·
Registered
43 Posts
One of my friend's wife just died from Covid 19 at age 57. Try to convince him and his kid that it is not serious.
I don't want anyone to believe that I think Covid-19 is not serious. It is serious. Any time you get any kind of illness it can kill you. But, I don't think Covid-19 is any more serious than Influenza, Pneumonia, Cancer and such. Especially if other things are going on in your body. Covid-19 effects everyone differently and I was just telling my personal bout with the virus. Can you keep anyone from contracting the virus that wants to leave the house? I don't think so but if you want to wear a cool looking camo mask in the deer woods, go for it. The whitetails won't care a bit.
:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Covid 19 is a flu like virus, although it is extremely easy to transmit and catch and it doesn't matter if your young or old. Our leader Nicola Sturgeon, has dealt with this epidemic brilliantly. But please please please do not take this virus lightly, I know I don't know any of you personally but I am a Christian and do not wish any harm on anyone. In Scotland we count everything if covid has had a contributing factor in the death, if the had cancer and covid it would go down as a cancer death as the cancer was the contributing factor. If someone had asthma and covid and died it would go down as a covid death. Also we count everywhere. ie hospitals, care homes, home, anywhere you can die the figures get counted. Down in England for months they only counted the figures from NHS run hospitals and care homes. Now they count everywhere too. But please don't all politics to stop you doing the right thing. Wash your hands wear a mask and stay 2m apart. My little girl who is 8yrs old has asthma and I have to be extremely careful to do all the right things. But also please remember who you could take this virus home too or who the people in your house could transmit it too. So please be vigilant. Sorry for the rant but I don't want more people to die from this.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Here in the states if you are in a plane crash but test positive for covid they count it as a covid death. As usual they have managed to politicize an event to further their goals.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
After all we've been through this year it is going to be very peaceful sitting in the woods this fall. Good luck out there.
Oncebitten
You are absolutely correct. Regardless of the what else is happening the hunting lease in the hills reacts a blanket of insulation for peace of mind.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts