Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from north Texas! I just picked up my Killer Instinct Ripper 415 X bow last night, with some extra accessories of course! Fired about a dozen shots through it this morning after a general sight in with my scope. I only have 15 yards in my backyard so I will get it better dialed in this weekend!

I’m looking forward to seeing how this xbow does on our wild hogs! First mod will be a new scope, then probably trigger work. Researching...

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your Ripper and those hogs! Heavy arrows, big broadheads and staying low in the vitals with your shots on the hogs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve shot hogs with everything else, this will be fun! No shortage of opportunities where we hunt!

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
I’ve shot hogs with everything else, this will be fun! No shortage of opportunities where we hunt!
Love to night hunt hogs and I've hunted them near San Antonio, in the Sherman / Lake Texoma area and near Possum Kingdom and try to put them down ASAP. I'm allergic to snake bites and especially near PK, the rattlers were almost as common as the pigs. Dropping 200 - 300 lb pigs in a short distance with a crossbow is no cake walk. You've got some pretty good gear to make that happen if you hit them right. Keep practicing with that new rig and good luck!

Texas Hog Hunt Videos

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love to night hunt hogs and I've hunted them near San Antonio, in the Sherman / Lake Texoma area and near Possum Kingdom and try to put them down ASAP. I'm allergic to snake bites and especially near PK, the rattlers were almost as common as the pigs. Dropping 200 - 300 lb pigs in a short distance with a crossbow is no cake walk. You've got some pretty good gear to make that happen if you hit them right. Keep practicing with that new rig and good luck!

Texas Hog Hunt Videos
Thanks! Most likely will have others with me. Generally we call and film most hunts. Recently we’ve been using shotguns because we wanted to see how close we could get them to come in. Well, I can tell you that if they’re so close that your buckshot can’t spread, that’s a little too close, lol! So the xbow will be a bit of experimentation, and Im not sure I want to try it on called (highly agitated) hogs till I see how it does on a relaxed animal! We shall see...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have killed one with a vertical bow and it didn't go far. The hog only weighed about 120-150#. Had sausage made out of all of it except backstraps. MAN that was some good eating. I want to do it again. Maybe one day I'll be able to make it happen. It sounds like you guys know what you're doing so, I expect to see some hog pictures soon. Good luck & WELCOME!

·
Registered
107 Posts

Reactions: pyledriver

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts