Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents, just signed up today and am in the process of getting my Aculeus ready for season. I've killed two deer with Scorpyd crossbows but haven't really gotten "involved" in them until now. I have no cartilage in my left shoulder after three injuries and two surgeries so conventional bows are no longer an option. I'm jumping in to the crossbow world and have a lot to learn.

My questions is: How unique are Scorpyd crossbows? What I mean is will my exact setup work with every Aculeus out there or do they each have their own quirks?

My idea is: I suspect each crossbow is it's own machine and one setup won't work for all. If that is the case, would it be helpful to have a thread (stickied?) where members can share their specific setup, arrow specifications, broadheads, string/cables, measurements, etc? It would be helpful to guys like myself where I could go through and see what works well most often and start from there.

Anyway, glad to be onboard here. Good luck to everyone this fall, be safe!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Aculeus 175 and 460. Both take 46" strings and 19 1/8" cables. I use cables made by Marty here on this forum. I use Nemesis cable slide but Scorpryd won't sell you one anymore but there are ways around that. I use the grip quiver. Both bows are very accurate and I use Spynal Tapps with 110 grain double tap inserts and Aerovane 2 fletch straight with 1 1/8" setback and Firenock Q nocks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rit! When you change the string and cables is there a "break in" period before it shoots consistently?

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
Your right, they're 19 1/8" unless they've recently shortened them to achieve the 480 FPS now along with the Gen 7 cams. I would think you could safely use 19" cables with the Gen 7 cams.

Reactions: Rit
1 - 8 of 8 Posts