Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The limb pockets are definitely different! I can't see how it's wider though because the pics are different angles. Have whoever has that bow measure the width for us! Anyone that has a 2020 model measure their riser and post please! Maybe that will clear up some questions! And Marty,why didn't you just post this pic earlier to explain your comments about changes you new of? It may have helped a few guys I know that sent theirs in already and got them back the same and told there is NO problems/changes with their models......

·
Happy Member
5,277 Posts
They look identical to me.
They’re slightly different but it looks like they added space for longer limb bolt.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I had to do a wide search to find that photo. I don't know who's it is. I think I found it on Facebook actually. But it just makes sense that it would be wider due to the fact that they are using longer strings and cables now also.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I dont know if these changes to the Nemesis has improved center serving life or not, and that was the only issue with it, the center serving would wear out on the left side after about 50 - 100 shots, depending on the severity of the brace height of the limb to barrel pressure. Some were better than others. It was in the riser that caused this not the string latch at the trigger as we were lead to believe. The riser doesn't sit flush with the barrel underneath where it bolts into it. One half has a slight shelve to it where the 2 halves meet. The left side is raised anout a 16th of an inch and that's what causes the serving to wear prematurely on the left side only. It would seem to me Scorpyd has corrected this with the new riser they are now using but they aren't retro-fitting them onto the first run models and they are reluctant on saying anything to anyone about this because of all the controversy over it not doing 500 fps. They don't want to start more chatter and criticisms over having to widen the ATA and slowing it down a few fps, which isn't even a big deal because it's only 4-8 fps loss. I'm just trying to help the Nemesis along here because it's an awsome shooting crossbow and deserves a 2nd chance !

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The Nemesis was never intended to shoot 500 fps and never has been advertised that way! The flack is from eating servings and if they have a fix,why aren't they upholding the lifetime warranty and repairing these bows? That's the mystery question here? I'll tell you why,MONEY! Profit has took precedence over quality,period!!! I do have one question here Marty,just who are you trying to help here? Scorpyd or future customers? You are seriously telling people to give it a second chance and drop 2 grand on a bow that has problems that aren't being fixed? Really......I thought I new you better than that!!!

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I hold no resentments. There are Nemesis's that people own that are not eating the center serving. Just because i made a bad judgement and pre-ordered the Nemesis and had a few issues with it doesn't mean I have to discredit Scorpyd. These things happen and there's a reason for the season.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Welcome to the board !!
Congrats on a great bow , as you can tell the nemesis brings out heated discussions ,lol.

Reactions: beervo2

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I did receive my DS 420 Wednesday. I found this on the left limb. Can someone tell me what this 450 means View attachment 168488 ?
Either they did not write the right number there or you got one heck of a fast bow ,lol.

I am not aware they are producing a DS 450 .
It should be or say 420 .
Call Rex and ask him what is up with that , also they put the bow speed somewhere on the inside of the box or on a tag .
look and see if they did !!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
The Nemesis was never intended to shoot 500 fps and never has been advertised that way! The flack is from eating servings and if they have a fix,why aren't they upholding the lifetime warranty and repairing these bows? That's the mystery question here? I'll tell you why,MONEY! Profit has took precedence over quality,period!!! I do have one question here Marty,just who are you trying to help here? Scorpyd or future customers? You are seriously telling people to give it a second chance and drop 2 grand on a bow that has problems that aren't being fixed? Really......I thought I new you better than that!!!
How is yours shooting and how is serving wear after burkerized?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts