Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
SE VA
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s Excalibur’s MAGAIR👍🏻. Check it out!!
Super light weight and priced right. I think they will sell like hot cakes. I’ll probably have one soon😊.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Just so much plastic, though. Hard to look at 😑

And looks like they've decided to double down on the twinstrike as well. Interesting, since I've never seen anyone actually use one.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Just depends upon your needs. I had a Grizzly (305 fps) -- with the 150 grain Slick Trick I shot clear thru a big buck (at 20 yards) with the arrowing exiting and burrowing in a tree.

The light weight was nice for long sits in the ground blind with bow on my lap. Kinda wish I still had it.

Horns

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Speed is not an issue, more than needed, I've killed more deer with under 265 fps than I have over that speed! But the plastic chit ain't get'n it!! I understand cost, but I think if they went first class and all they changed was Carbon for plastic, then come out with one doing 350 fps (325 fps real life with 400 grains) and it would make one hell of a flagship bow, hell I might just buy one of them 305 or 350, it would be even lighter!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Polymer it is and not plastic. It’s wonder how Scorpyd’s DS isn’t called plastic but the public tends to call Excalibur’s polymer bow plastic.
Like cw or ccw, don't really matter when it could be the premier bow in their line simply by trading it fer Carbon! Tell me Don, how many do you think would buy into that and own a recurve that won't buy any recurve now?

I said 3 years ago, I'm done chasing my tail and will never buy another crossbow, but I can assure you if they did that, I'd be back as a buyer! But my Matrix is not sharing hooks with poly, or plastic. It just cost a little more to be first class, and we've seen people are willing to pay it, but you gotta target the top end with top end equipment to get em to buy, it looks like Excal is targeting the budget minded buyers to me.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have no issue with the 305. killed 2 deer with the micro 340 this year and it was plenty….and maybe a bit too much. truth of it is i would be happier if my micro 340 td was a 305 td.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Polymer it is and not plastic. It’s wonder how Scorpyd’s DS isn’t called plastic but the public tends to call Excalibur’s polymer bow plastic.
Just depends on how hard the marketing department is working for that brand. For the most part, it is all just plastic, with a few exceptions in there.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Now there is a spot and stalk bow. Carry it all day, up and down slopes and it wouldn't wear you out. Be an awesome turkey bow too.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
In fact, I kind of bet that bow would love some home rolled 16.5" XX75 2216s with PDP aluminum flat nocks. With a 100gr broadhead that setup would weigh right at 351grs. Just happen to have some Legacy wood grain shafts waiting to be done
up....... Hum.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts