Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 80 of 143 Posts

Registered
I used to scoured the woods for a triple trunk back in my vert days, for about 15 years my favorite Indiana stand was right on a line fence crossing and a trail following it up out of the bottom of a ravine. I was at the top of that ridge and killed a lotta doe's off that little hideaway. That was when Indiana first selling multiple tags a year. Since my dad with the same name lived in Indiana and didn't hunt, I let him kill a few out of it too,,,,, 馃槈

There was a lot of venison taken off that spot, I could even use it on days the wind was bad, both because I was above everything, and the more the leaves were off, the more that ravine opened up. I could see em coming for ever, and tuck back in the trunks like a purse snatcher in a dark alley! Dam,,, to be young again, would that be somethin! :unsure:

Reactions: Moon and blizzy

I bought my first excal a ibex in 09 or early 2010. Used that bow for many years until i switched to the matrix bows.And wasn't in a hurry to do that if i recall. The 330 and 380 were great bows. The 405 i'll just keep still water under the bridge.

Registered
Hope you get the first one ************. Always enjoy your test and reviews all these years. Time flies by

Registered
I know what you mean Tom. I started to do the same one morning and realized as I started climbing that it was going to be a very tight fit so I changed trees. Narrow is a lot easier in tight spots for certain. :)

SE VA
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Now I have to either sit on one of my revolving seats on the ground or up 3 steps on my shortened ladder stands鈽. But no matter what, I鈥檓 happy just being out there. At my age especially, I鈥檓 thankful for that.
Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Tire Grass

Cool little bow for first time crossbow buyers.

I still don't feel the need to sell my gen 1 micro nightmare and buy a new Excalibur.. lol

SE VA
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I know the feeling but I need something new to play with馃槅. I鈥檒l have to say, Excalibur surprised me with the intro of the super light weight MagAir, and at a reasonable price馃憤馃徎

Registered
I never liked the idea of or the first time I saw the SMF (polymer rail) Excals on a screen. Then I came across a brand new Axiom SMF at Cabelas for a price that I couldn't pass up, since it fit my wife so well. And was impressed in person with how well built it felt. That thing shot and felt great. Then after that, on 3 separate occasions some local friends wanted help picking out new crossbows, and all 3 chose the GRZ2 after trying out a few. Those little bows are great, much nicer than I would have expected. So I think the Mag Air would fit right along those lines, except even more compact and lighter. Good move by Excal, IMO.

Now let's just see that Mag riser put on some more mid and top tier models....

Registered
Pretty sure I bought my first Excalibur in late 2010 or early 2011 and got a Vortex. Excalibur did not have any short limb bows at that time. I bought a Matrix 330 after they hit the market.
All I can say is that my 2 Micro鈥檚 were some of the first off the assembly line馃槉. Great little recurves馃憤馃徎. They made me sell my 2 old large Excals that I loved and killed deer with馃槉.
Very first Micro (Gen 1 335 that Tom made in to his runts) came out in 2015.

SE VA
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Wheelsquad, thanks for date update馃槉. My wife doesn鈥檛 even ask me 鈥渄o you remember?鈥 anymore. She knows I don鈥檛馃ゴ.

Registered
Very first Micro (Gen 1 335 that Tom made in to his runts) came out in 2015.
Thanks for the clarification, I thought I had the Micro first and didn't realize how much later it was introduced after the Matrix series. I have pics saved of the Matrix by a bunch, but can't find my Micro I had dipped in 100% 3D deception in my raw files, that would have give me all my file info and dates, I just didn't realize it was over 2 years after the matrix was introduced.

But I do have one showing all three but can't find the raw file for it either, dam I love digg'n thru my photos. But it brings back memories of some things I wish I would have kept. The two 380's are without hesitation my favorites and I miss that Lynx the most, but even that first 335 Micro should have been a keeper. I could hunt the rest of my life with these three in the rotation, and never miss a lick!!!

That new 380 Micro would be my dream bow if it was Carbon fiber and had the Wyvern's Magic Dave did on this 335, in this same first setup with a Fastfire III 4moa dot reflex sight, and my bet is it would be even lighter and shorter with about a perfect 360 fps with my custom 425 fps arrows, and fit right in with my L'il Nasty,,, but in my favorite format,,,,, RECURVE!

SE VA
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Font

Just look at this little crossbow!! Imagine the quiver off the bow and using 15鈥 arrows. Is that tiny or what??馃憤馃徎

Registered
4.8 lbs with a lifetime warranty鈥︹.yep馃憤馃徎and it鈥檚 NOT $1,200.00 Can鈥檛 wait to get my hands on one.
So 6.5lbs with a Speed scope? Red dot, possible sub 5.4lbs setup. Hmmm.....Like the weight but speed will be a hard sell by today's standards.

Registered
Not really,,,
Wood Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun

Wood Air gun Shotgun Wood stain Musical instrument accessory
Paint Textile Art Organism Font
Gadget Font Audio equipment Electronic instrument Camera accessory

if it was just carbon fiber, I could justify the performance and bulk with a lighter platform, but L'ill Sassy checks to many of them marks at the same weight! ;)

Reactions: blizzy

SE VA
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
So 6.5lbs with a Speed scope? Red dot, possible sub 5.4lbs setup. Hmmm.....Like the weight but speed will be a hard sell by today's standards.
Today鈥檚 standards?馃槉 I contend that very few buyers of this neat little hunting crossbow ever think about 4 to 5 hundred FPS arrows. Instead, they think about what this little unique crossbow can do to make their hunting more enjoyable and trouble free, not to mention the $$$ they saved in the process. I think Excalibur has a winner with this little crossbow.

Registered
  • Haha
Reactions: Boo
61 - 80 of 143 Posts