Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Legend 175 Owner and Still hunting Lost Arrows..

Well got everything set up on a New Legend 175. Put the horton silencer system on it, put on quiver mount, pads and strips etc. Checked everything is tight no loose screws etc. Used the Rope cocking system, now that is as slick as can be. Turned on Red Dot set up target at 10 yards pushed safety off, trigger is smooth and puff off goes arrow 18 inches to right of target. Measured and set red dot to correct problem. Redid everything and same thing happens no change. Tried to find arrows where abouts unknown if anybody is at the Beach and find them PM I need them.
Called customer service and was told that they had problems with some of the Red Dot sights. So I sent it off today and is it normal to have problems on a new out of the Box Crossbow like this? I used to work in Manufacturing and if something had a problem it was pulled and replaced so the customer didn't have any complaints.

Pro's
Finish Great
Trigger great
Setup Easy
Cocking Rope Great
Weight not a problem
Instructions Not a problem
Hard Case Fantastic
Crossbow is Fast
Customer Service I talked to alive Person

Cons
Packing Terrible Box looks like it was throwed out UPS Truck
Pratice points all over inside case
Arrows all over
Bow Not Secured in Case
Red Dot Defective from start (shipping problem?)
Lost 2 arrows because of Red Dot problem
Customer service lost me and had to had to call back to get a RA

If not for the Red Dot problems I think it would have been a tack drive rout of the Box..
Thanks PeashooterJoe..

·
101 Posts
not to pss in your soup but, you should have done a little bore sighting before ole mister trigger got a yank, yeh think? glad your dog wasn't out and about. other than that sounds great. try and get some had and eye shooting in with it so you can get used to the trigger. hell you never know when ole mister red dot will take another crap on you and mister 10 point walks out. instinctive shooting is a good thing!

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seemed like it was close.. I shoot muzzleloaders and barrel and sights don't always look straight. I shot with out sights before I could't pull the Bows back. Crossbow is a new learning curve for me.. If you not learning you must be dead...Thanks PeashooterJoe..

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congradulations on the new family member.
Yeah I was aware that there was a problem and was hoping it had been resolved. So I have to wait now...Thanks PeashooterJoe..

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE.. Brown dropped off a New RED DOT horton scope, that was fast customer service. Bore sighted and works better than last one, dots are working with Auto also. Will shoot it as soon as TS Fay leaves, up to 20 MPH winds next several Days. Pretty happy camper with Horton Customer service..... PeashoterJoe..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts