Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Barnett rc150 probably 20-25 years old
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, my name is jason. I just recently turned 40, inherited a crossbow, and this is my midlife crisis lol. new to archery in general, shot a recurve when I was a kid in summer camp. I would love to restore or retrofit my crossbow in order to use it for hunting. is a barnett rc150. probably 20-25 years old with a broken rail for the scope and apparently an obsolete string and cable system that no archery shop in my general area will even talk to me about. hopefully I can learn all I can and grow/develop my knowledge and skills.

·
Registered
Barnett rc150 probably 20-25 years old
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you are not an archery addict yet, you still got time to run. :ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the Nation.
well I don't know about that, been shooting and learning this crossbow without a scope for 3 months now and I'm somewhat competent on the 42 yard lane at my local range, moving up to 52 this week. I think I'm hooked.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Welcome neighbor!

Reactions: wood.werx

·
Registered
centerpoint sniper 370
162 Posts
hey, my name is jason. I just recently turned 40, inherited a crossbow, and this is my midlife crisis lol. new to archery in general, shot a recurve when I was a kid in summer camp. I would love to restore or retrofit my crossbow in order to use it for hunting. is a barnett rc150. probably 20-25 years old with a broken rail for the scope and apparently an obsolete string and cable system that no archery shop in my general area will even talk to me about. hopefully I can learn all I can and grow/develop my knowledge and skills.
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
Wicked Ridge RDX 400
3 Posts
Hey Jason...my mid-life crossbow crisis came a few years later and I'm new to the CBN too. I ended up getting a new crossbow but have a 30 year old Bear Whitetail Hunter compound bow that I plan to bring back into action. Sort of the opposite of your situation but in the same boat at the same time. Welcome aboard regardless!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Very cool.
Welcome :)

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts