Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minor introduction and goals as a first-time X-Bower

Just getting into the game this year by borrowing a buddy's Ravin on a hunting trip to Missouri this year. We'll be up there around the 1st of November for a week long hunt.

Kinda reluctant to borrow another man's gear so I'm also in the market for a xbow of my own as a plan A, knowing I have his xbow as a plan B.

I tend to have expensive taste and only like buying things once. So, with that said, I'm looking at these rigs as potential options:
R26
KI Swat Xp
>Faradyne Axe AX405
You guys/gals able to provide insight on complete packages above as options for a first time xbow Hunter? Scope, cocking, trigger, ease of use, longevity, etc... Any other xbow options I'm failing to consider???

I live near baton rouge, la and plan to hunt in around this area mostly with a trip or two out of state each year.

Thanks in advance!! This looks like a tight knit community, with tons of knowledge!! Great posts throughout!!!

BJ

·
Registered
516 Posts
Find a good archery store and shoot as many as you can. When you find the right one you will know it. I like and shoot Tenpoints and have had really good results with them. The quality is excellent plus customer service is the best out there!

Reactions: Bern

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
From your list, the R26 is the pick of the litter and the AX405 is so new and there are so few out there I'd give that bow a year at least to prove itself.

Three other options out there I'd suggest are the TenPoint ACUslide bows (Vapor-Vengent-Viper). You will find Best Of Breed in a number of areas including the Vapors Marksman optic and being the only "safe" de-cocking bows out there.

Good luck with the search!

Reactions: dynamo61 and Gwn001

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find a good archery store and shoot as many as you can. When you find the right one you will know it. I like and shoot Tenpoints and have had really good results with them. The quality is excellent plus customer service is the best out there!
From your list, the R26 is the pick of the litter and the AX405 is so new and there are so few out there I'd give that bow a year at least to prove itself.

Three other options out there I'd suggest are the TenPoint ACUslide bows (Vapor-Vengent-Viper). You will find Best Of Breed in a number of areas including the Vapors Marksman optic and being the only "safe" de-cocking bows out there.

thanks for the insight Guys! I guess the internet research only gets you so far....

I did go to Bass pro yesterday to put my hands on some of these guys. Got to hold the r26. It felt pretty damn good in my hands. Best bow I held. Unfortunately, the range was out of service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Weighting speed vs size vs price between the viper and the vengent? Any deal breakers for either of those two bows? Both seems to receive great if not phoneminal reviews.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Welcome to the boards Bern.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts