Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally resolved lack of availability for reloading supplies/high costs/scarcity of ammunition by obtaining xtreme power us crossbow.

I managed to locate 8mm steel balls, arrows/bolts and hunting broad heads for crossbow and I'm trying to locate PDF copy of owners manual.

Search online didn't come up with useable results, but some important information came to light:

Discussions in forums on safety and training, as well as safety videos need to be pursued.

Crossbow acquired has been sold under different names (they seem indistinguishable to me as shown online):

Xtreme Power US, M4, WT4, WT stalker etc.

Hopefully, this will make finding owners manual easier, likely any manual for one of the above would have sufficient helpful information?

I'm hoping owner's manual will show battery used in laser-pointer-site and also where purchase optional "wolf eyes" blue night light.

Any help would be appreciated! :unsure:

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Welcome, Nimblebee.
Crossbows are a great sport and pastime.
If you scroll down the Main Forum Listing, you will see the Manufacturer Corner.
Crossbow Nation
In that Forum Category, you will see a dozen or so Manufacturers of Xbows.
If you search the Manufacturer name and add "user manual", you will get some positive hits as they all have Manuals online.
Glad to have you on board, enjoy!

EDIT, having re-read your post and searched "WT4 Crossbow", I see that it is not what I was thinking but a very interesting xbow nonetheless.
This is all I could find in terms of a Manual:
WT4.pdf (secureservercdn.net)

There is a Contact Email listed on the site, I would try contacting them for a manual:
[email protected]

WT4 TACTICAL CROSSBOW LASER SIGHT,TACTICAL LIGHT, SCOPE (williamtellarcherysupplies.com)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This morning, sitting on patio with lap dog Cookie and cup of coffee, while watching the world come awake, what a welcome bit of news it was, receiving your post about an operators manual for newly-acquired crossbow. Many thanks for that!

Downloaded manual you've linked, and it's more information than I had to start with, showing all the basics.

Following on from your suggestion, contacted company for an owners manual, which hopefully shows what battery to use for aiming laser.

Info on quick start guide shows eBay store where there's parts available: WILLIAMTELLARCHERYSUPPLIES.

I pretty much always modify anything I own, suiting my needs and personal preferences.

One of the items to add to this crossbow would be a sling for carrying and I'm looking into constructing a cocking device, as bow takes quite a bit of effort drawing back.

One great potential use for the crossbow is on fish ski boat, where (besides harpooning fish) would be potentially used as a line thrower.

Besides, sitting on my boat, crossbow just looks totally cool! Do you suppose I could get by with telling folks it was my "anti-piracy, boarder repelling kit?"

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

·
12,620 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the boards.
Thanks for the welcome 🙂
I have managed to download linked quick start guide to crossbow... Have contacted the manufacturer distributor and requested an owner's manual PDF... Purchased bolts/quarrels, 8 mm ball shot, broadhead hunting arrows, and a rifle sling for the crossbow...

I can stop spending money now on my "built-in silencer" never-runs-out-of-ammunition hunting option! lol 😯 this crossbow purchase has been a "free puppy" LOL. 🐕

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope this information proves useful and of help to anyone purchasing second hand, one of the variations of crossbow marketed under names of WT4, extreme power US, Stalker etc.

None of the owner's manuals that I've looked at shows the spotting laser uses three AG30 button cell 1.5 volt batteries.

The wolf light has been discontinued, which fits underneath the bow and was intended for low-power night visibility, so as to conceal your position, whilst causing prey's eyes to reflect light and giving up their position.

I took an inexpensively priced Harbor Freight Tools LED flashlight and some blue paint and darkened up the lens has put out a small amount of light, which I then applied to crossbow with Shoe Goo. DIY wolf-eye light works and gets the job done. Snobs and purists might be appalled by my cheap mounting method, but considering $20 mounting clamp does nothing better, and Shoe Goo practicality suits my purposes well enough?

The original intended location for Wolf light directly underneath the bow at the front. It's Impractical for use in bowfishing, since in Kansas it's legal to hunt/fish with bow, but when bowfishing, is required to have mounted a fishing reel attached to crossbow's forked spear/arrow, right where the wolf light was intended to be mounted.

Everything in the manuals say not to modify or make any accoutrements for the crossbow and I think this is legalease lawyer speak for you can't sue us.

I'm going to have to build a cocking device if I'm going to get in any amount of practice, since it's about all I can do to draw back bow. So who needs a gym? ☺

1 - 7 of 7 Posts