Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm a new member but have been ready & lurking the last few weeks. I have been bow hunting for the last 15 years with compound bow. This year I have been thinking about getting a crossbow for a backup and start doing a little hunting & shooting with it. I originally was just going to buy a cheap beginners model, but knowing me, I would just turn around and sell it to get a nicer one. I have a $800 store credit at Bass Pro. I tried to grab one of the Ten Point Shadow NXT they had clearance out but they ran out before processing my order. So right now, I think I have narrowed it down to the Wicked Ridge RDX-400 or the Wicked Ridge M-370. I might consider the Ten Point M1 if it is that much better. I would love to hear some opinions on these bows. I have only shot a crossbow once, but I have been shooting bows & guns for many many years. TIA

·
Registered
830 Posts
Welcome to the Nation! IMO, you should handle and shoot as many XBows as possible. Some will be front heavy, some will have too short or long a trigger pull, etc. The perfect pick is in the eye of the HOLDER. Today we are blessed to have many good bows that will safely harvest any game animal on the North American continent. Good Luck on your choice and purchase at Bass Pro Shop.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you haven't already, go to the Wicked Ridge subforum. I too have been considering these 2 bows. I haven't seen much bad said about the M-370, can't say that about the RDX-400.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Have not heard much good either. Member had one and liked It ,then a warranty issue that he did not disclose. Suddenly different xbow.. Makes me suspicious.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I recommend trying a KI Ripper 415 because the perform well and they have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the Nation! IMO, you should handle and shoot as many XBows as possible. Some will be front heavy, some will have too short or long a trigger pull, etc. The perfect pick is in the eye of the HOLDER. Today we are blessed to have many good bows that will safely harvest any game animal on the North American continent. Good Luck on your choice and purchase at Bass Pro Shop.

I wish I could go handle a few. Most Archery places are out of most crossbows, and the big box stores don't have a lot in stock right now either. The one thing I haven't like about most so far, is a lot of them are unbalance and very front heavy

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I guess it spotty. The local bow shop (DNW Outdoors) near me as lots of shock. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I wish I could go handle a few. Most Archery places are out of most crossbows, and the big box stores don't have a lot in stock right now either. The one thing I haven't like about most so far, is a lot of them are unbalance and very front heavy
The RDX 400 will not feel front heavy with a mid-mounted riser nor will the M-370, which is very light. Any of the three should feel both balanced and not front heavy. Pickup a Bear Constrictor at one of your stores and that's what front heavy feels like. Of the 3 bows mentioned, I'd got with the RDX400 for it speed, balance and feel.

·
9,035 Posts
I wouldn't … agonize over how the crossbow "feels." I've probably shot a hundred different weapons and other than shotguns I couldn't care less how they feel. How they shoot is the only thing that matters. You're not wing shooting grouse or quail with a shotgun, you're bushwacking deer out of a blind or treestand. Most likely off some kind of rest. There really are very few bad bows out there and if you stay away from the gorilla bows that are pushing the speed and power envelope I don't think there are any. They all shoot plenty straight enough to kill deer passed any shot you'll want to take, and they all kill deer. Accuracy is more about your arrows and broadheads than the platform that launches them.

My point is: "don't worry about buying off the Internet." Do your homework, choose the crossbow that checks all the boxes in your buying and hunting philosophies, your hunting style, then go have fun. :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
WOW! That's one heck of a deal! $1000 discount, sorry I missed out. Congrats!

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Congrats on getting a nice crossbow and welcome to the boards. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts