Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am interested in Learning how to use a Crossbow safely. Anybody know anywhere I can shoot safely in NYC? I tried the ranges around here and they don't allow crossbows.

Thank You

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome, Can't help you at all with the range question. I live in NY as well but North of Albany.
I don't own one but lots of people love their Centerpoints on here

·
Registered
465 Posts
CP 370 is fine, if you want better try the CP 415 Amped
As far as shooting, try Targeteers in Saddle Brook, NJ about 20 mins from GWB

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CP 370 is fine, if you want better try the CP 415 Amped
As far as shooting, try Targeteers in Saddle Brook, NJ about 20 mins from GWB
Thank You. I will give them a call and I will look at the 415.

·
Registered
465 Posts
FYI: Targteers doesn't carry centerpoint, they carry more expensive crossbows and compounds

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
ntm... Sorry, can't help you with the locals, but have you watched all the You Tube videos and checked with dealers who may have test ranges. If someone needs convincing, buy a decocking bolt and use it to practice the mechanics (cocking, "triangle of death", loading, safety on and off, trigger break, and hitting a target bag) in the basement. Sounds like your bow choice is a good one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the Centerpoint 370 from Amazon today and a target bag. I will look into the Decocking bolts as well. Really looking forward to learning how to shoot the crossbow. Thank You for all the information and help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually the Archery Range in my area now allows Crossbows. You have to bring your own target but that's ok with me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the Nation. Glad to hear you found a spot to shoot.I can only imagine how limited the choices are up there.Be safe and have fun.

·
Registered
13,341 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts