Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Micro 360 TD Pro and have a couple of questions for other owners.
Within the first 10 shots one of the triangular shaped limb silencers attached with double faced tape flew off. Is this common and should they both just be removed? Do they provide much of a silencing benefit?

I've been a vertical bow shooter up to this point and have no personal experience with crossbows. Does this crossbow with a well placed chest shot have adequate energy with a Muzzy Trocar HBX to pass through a whitetail or a black bear at say 30 yds or less?

I'll be bear hunting with it within the next month.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just picked up a Micro 360 TD Pro and have a couple of questions for other owners.
Within the first 10 shots one of the triangular shaped limb silencers attached with double faced tape flew off. Is this common and should they both just be removed? Do they provide much of a silencing benefit?

I've been a vertical bow shooter up to this point and have no personal experience with crossbows. Does this crossbow with a well placed chest shot have adequate energy with a Muzzy Trocar HBX to pass through a whitetail or a black bear at say 30 yds or less?

The Ex-Shox are designed to prevent string slap noise at the end of limbs. But they are certainly not necessary. If they were "necessary" Excalibur would provide them with every model; but they don't, so what's that tell you?

You have enough power to pass through a big whitetail plus bury the arrow into whatever is behind it.

I always get pass-throughs with my slower 330 fps rated Vortex. Heck, even "Death by Bunjie" was getting easy pass-throughs on 90% of the deer he shot with his 305 fps rated Axiom shooting 375gr arrows.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,102 Posts

Take those things off, and if you think they have real value, replace them with self-adhesive velcro felt.
My Micro 335 shoots a 390 grain arrow at 310 fps, zips through deer and I have 2 hunts on my hands; one for the arrow, one for the deer.

·
2,885 Posts
Of all the Excal vibration damping stuff, the ex shox rob the most speed, and I’ve yet to see anyone who doesn’t have trouble with them falling off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ironically, I posted the same question yesterday on the Excalibur Facebook group and got the same answer, "ditch them." Get a Boo string and some heavier arrows and you're set for hunting season.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Ironically, I posted the same question yesterday on the Excalibur Facebook group and got the same answer, "ditch them." Get a Boo string and some heavier arrows and you're set for hunting season.
And they would be correct. If Boo is back logged on strings Danny Miller makes a nice Flemish very inexpensively. I think I paid $44 for two of them shipped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts