Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning- anyone know why companies keep new models under wraps?
At least a small sneak and peek is a no-no...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am in the market for my first crossbow. I have been considering Scorpyd. I emailed the company yesterday (asking if any new models were coming out this year).

I was told one is currently being tested, and it will be hopefully out in 4-6 weeks.

If they discovered a huge flaw during testing, not presenting much hype beforehand may be better?

May be concerned about selling current products already out there?

Just guessing on my part!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I almost purchased a Nemesis last year but put on hold. Flaws were fixed. I held off for this year.
I would beleive from the expereince last year with Nemesis Scroypd would not allow it happen again so I too will wait for the new product. And do beleive tire will come out april off may.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I'm curious if they are taking one from Tim's book and going real small! I know they had one of his "small" bows not too long ago......

They will need to scale down some just to stay in the market, but then again with only one dealer in the country, they can do whatever they want, I reckon!

Reactions: GARY W CURTIS

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm curious if they are taking one from Tim's book and going real small! I know they had one of his "small" bows not too long ago......

They will need to scale down some just to stay in the market, but then again with only one dealer in the country, they can do whatever they want, I reckon!
Who's Tim?

·
Registered
486 Posts
That is unfortunate; seeing you were their greatest advocate.
You have a gift; an ability to see what could be. The skill set to achieve that vision.

I am grateful for your gift Tim. Keep your chin up.

I can’t help but believe there is an engineer with all his degrees pasted to the wall that is an ego centered blowhard whom is butthurt that you a wood tick from the south shores of the Great Lake they Gitchi Gumee made improvements to his flawed designs. JMHO.

Been around ego centered prideful engineers in mining; they are not good people, people.
They had a number one fan... Should have embraced.
Too bad; Scorpyd would have been better for it.

I am still your fan sir; no one else touches my bows.... They could remove all warrantee & service centers... My bows will not go there. They maybe Scorpyd’s but they are mine. I’ve never been a fan of warranties.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
That is unfortunate; seeing you were their greatest advocate.
You have a gift; an ability to see what could be. The skill set to achieve that vision.

I am grateful for your gift Tim. Keep your chin up.

I can’t help but believe there is an engineer with all his degrees pasted to the wall that is an ego centered blowhard whom is butthurt that you a wood tick from the south shores of the Great Lake they Gitchi Gumee made improvements to his flawed designs. JMHO.

Been around ego centered prideful engineers in mining; they are not good people, people.
They had a number one fan... Should have embraced.
Too bad; Scorpyd would have been better for it.

I am still your fan sir; no one else touches my bows.... They could remove all warrantee & service centers... My bows will not go there. They maybe Scorpyd’s but they are mine. I’ve never been a fan of warranties.
Right there with you! They should be having Tim test all the new models well in advance of releasing them to the public, instead of some YES man on their payroll........

THEY messed up!!!

·
Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Scorpyd Velocity 165
402 Posts
Couldn't say it any better than Ironminer and tnmtns. I thought long and hard about sending my velocity to Tim, or selling it and getting one of the new "little" bows. But I think I'll just keep it, enjoy the smooth accuracy, and if I need parts for the vent, then there it is. I'm not married to Scorpyd, but I hope there is something that will grab my attention. Nothing since the vent line has made a big enough impression to grab my money, or fill another hook.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts