Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a r29x a little over a month ago from Cabelas. The floor model was the last they had, so that's what I got. The bow was fine, the silent system creaked and the strap was stretched, but it shot decently and had no glaring faults. Shot it around 80 times, the serving began to separate, and the last session was in dusk and around the time I was looking at buying more arrows and broadheads and a sling. In the low light I began to appreciate how abysmal the stock scope is. So now my acquisition list was arrows, broadheads, sling, scope, strings, and a press.

Turns out, Wyvern Creations includes more arrows, broadheads, a sling, a scope upgrade, and unlike Cabelas had a press in stock. So I returned the floor model to Cabelas and ordered from Wyvern, as well as the quiver relocator by Munch, a couple other accessories and a few lighted arrows. Yesterday the bow got in, today I got my bigbird accessories, and here's the result.

All I'm missing are some weather covers for the scope. Wyvern accidentally shipped it in a hard case and said no worries about returning it.

Couple lessons here, first never buy a floor model ravin from a big name outfitter, you're just buying a used bow at that point for full price. I had no idea until I got this one in my hands what a big difference there is between an out of box and an out of store bow. Second, people who know what they're doing are so important when it comes to these high end bows. David at Wyvern and bigbird1 helped make sure the product I got was worthy of the price.

I'm going to make a separate post reviewing the accessories for those interested. Seems this forum has a lot of lurkers and new people looking for that kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Good for you, Wyvern has some great package deals.
Congrats, enjoy and thanks for sharing your fun with us all.
PS, just noticed you got the SigSauer Scope, you are going to love it, what a marvel of engineering went into the BDX System!!!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
you can't beat Dave with any other dealer, let alone a box store! Plus no will have your back if the warranty fails like Dave will! You made a good choice dealing with Wyvern Creations!

Congrats, enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts