Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. In my younger days I was quite a dedicated vertical bow shooter. As the years went by & my career evolved I only had time for rifle hunting. Now that I'm retired, an old bowhunting buddy, who also just retired, has been trying to get me fired up on bowhunting again. With the xbow now a legal deer hunting weapon in Texas I took the plunge & bought an inexpensive PSE xbow & took to the field with my bud again. I managed to "ventilate" a nice hog so now I'm hooked! The xbow renewed that same excitement that a bow did in my hands the first time. I 'm here to learning & re-learn a lot. I'm a newbie now but hopefully I can some day give back. Thanks for accepting my membership!

Dave

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Welcome to the CBN Dave!

Enjoy your new found sport. It's a blast.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. In my younger days I was quite a dedicated vertical bow shooter. As the years went by & my career evolved I only had time for rifle hunting. Now that I'm retired, an old bowhunting buddy, who also just retired, has been trying to get me fired up on bowhunting again. With the xbow now a legal deer hunting weapon in Texas I took the plunge & bought an inexpensive PSE xbow & took to the field with my bud again. I managed to "ventilate" a nice hog so now I'm hooked! The xbow renewed that same excitement that a bow did in my hands the first time. I 'm here to learning & re-learn a lot. I'm a newbie now but hopefully I can some day give back. Thanks for accepting my membership!

Dave

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Welcome to the Nation!

·
Registered
2 Posts
HOWDY DAVE, WELCOME! WHAT PART OF TX YOU IN? REASON BEING I CANT FIND A CROSSBOW BUD WITHIN 100 mi OF SAN ANGELO THAT HAS SAME INTEREST. YOUR BIO MIRRORS MINE IN THAT I SHOT AN OLE BEAR RECURVE IN ARCHERY LEAGUE IN HIGH SCHOOL (1971) GRAD. THEN WALKED ON AND MADE THE TEXAS LONGHORNS FOOTBALL TEAM IN 71'-72' SEASONS. STILL FEEL THE P A I N. PAST IS PAST BUT HOLLAR AT ME AND HOPE YOUR CLOSE ENOUGH TO MEET ME AND MY NEW EXCALIBUR BULLDOG 400. LOOKIN FOWARD TO HEARIN FROM YA.

·
Registered
13,559 Posts
Nice intro. Welcome to the boards. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts