Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my first crossbow today, looking forward to shooting it as soon as it arrives. Will be my first year deer hunting with a crossbow if I can get a permit or they pass full bill (MI). Since I can't pull my compound this year(shoulder surgery) I am excited about going crossbow hunting. It was hard to choose which one to buy, hope I made a good choice. Great to be a member here, learn something new everytime I log on.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Hey ,Parkers are good Crossbows,the Main thing is If you like it,it fits,and after shooting you have confidence with it.
Good luck with the permit,as well as with the Bill.

·
310 Posts
tc scout said:
Bought my first crossbow today, looking forward to shooting it as soon as it arrives. Will be my first year deer hunting with a crossbow if I can get a permit or they pass full bill (MI). Since I can't pull my compound this year(shoulder surgery) I am excited about going crossbow hunting. It was hard to choose which one to buy, hope I made a good choice. Great to be a member here, learn something new everytime I log on.

TC SCOUT,
It doesn't matter what it is, just be happy, and enjoy shooting.
Welcome to the site.

Mark W. Beck

·
665 Posts
Welcome fellow Michigan archer:D

You are welcome to come sling arrows with me anytime

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mideerslayer, for the invite. One little problem right now though, my new Buck Buster is supposed to be delivered thur but I just had surgery on my shoulder again today. Will probably be 4 or 5 weeks before I will be able to shoot it.:) I guess I can just sit and look at it and dream until then. Meanwhile will begin researching criteria for obtaining a permit for this fall as the compound is definitely out this year.

·
665 Posts
tc scout said:
Thanks mideerslayer, for the invite. One little problem right now though, my new Buck Buster is supposed to be delivered thur but I just had surgery on my shoulder again today. Will probably be 4 or 5 weeks before I will be able to shoot it.:) I guess I can just sit and look at it and dream until then. Meanwhile will begin researching criteria for obtaining a permit for this fall as the compound is definitely out this year.

just print the application and take it to you dr. It would be for a temp permit, unless the law is signed in to law before season starts

What part of Mi are you from?

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tc scout said:
Thinking about what has to be done to quiet this bow down( although I haven't shot it yet) I know some things will have to be done to make it a little more quiet. Already removed the string leechs, IMO they are not effective and cut easy, have used cat whiskers on my compound for years and find they work well for string noise. Wrap foot stirrup with rubber tape? One thing concerns me with the Buck Buster is the hollow plastic stock, got to be some harmonics there. What to do? I don't shoot with quiver on, so I don't worry about that noise. Appreciate your help and thoughts about anything else that needs to have work. Thanks, Ken

·
665 Posts
if the stockis hollow, could you drill a small hole and fill it with spray foam? that would fill it and dampin any "inside noise"

Just a thought

·
Banned
402 Posts
silent crossbow

yes a hollow stock is noisy,use this http://www.limbsaver.com/products/Archery/spray.php

and or fill the stock with tenacle wrap from limb saver

this spray is great for a quiet crossbow,spray limbs and inside of stock,you can leave the limbs black or camo over the black spray.
i will take quiet over pretty any day in the woods,
This stuff works great for a quiet crossbow limbs and riser and inside of stock,
its better to do light multiple coats rather then a first heavy coat for a nice smooth finish,,
The tenacle wrap by limbsaver stuffed inside of stock works good with a limbsaver butt pad over end of butt stock helps also.

for sure spray the foot cocking stirrup at the least, acts like a tuning fork when shooting your crossbow.
and get well soon so you can enjoy your hunting season and your new crossbow..

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hollow stock

Pulled butt plate off this mourning, BIG cavity! Will have to fill that baby up or it will be ringing like a bell. Don't know whether to fill with foam or use the product ed suggested.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Welcome to the world of crossbow hunting! I have a Parker Buck Shot vertical bow and it's a good product. I don't have any experience with their crossbow though but if it's anything like their vertical line, your good! Be careful with what you fill the cavity with as to not add alot of weight. You'll regret it if you add weight when you have to carry it around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts