Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the chance today to shoot my new R29. Cranked the string back. Loaded the bolt and it clicked in place. When I go to pull the trigger.....nothing happens. I go back and double check everything and still nothing happens. I go get a new box of bolts and try a new bolt, and it still will not shoot. It’s like the safety isn’t disengaging. Anyone ever heard of this happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Are you certain you have it fully cocked? I did this once with my R20 and pulled the trigger and nothing happened so I put the handle back on and heard it click twice and then it shot.
If that is not the problem uncrank it and try again. You did remove the safety before pulling the trigger I assume.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you certain you have it fully cocked? I did this once with my R20 and pulled the trigger and nothing happened so I put the handle back on and heard it click twice and then it shot.
If that is not the problem uncrank it and try again. You did remove the safety before pulling the trigger I assume.
I did exactly what you said. I uncocked the bow, and cocked it again, just to make sure it was all the way back. Still no go... the trigger just won’t release to fire. All I know to do is call Wyverns in the morning and see what we can do about it.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Try removing your trigger latch from the string and then try it again.
With the bow uncranked put an arrow into the latch until you hear it click into place.
Remove the safety to the fire position.
Stick an Allen wrench into the slot at the bottom back part of the latch and push it against the spring release until it clicks off the string. Then crank the string up and start over again. :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I did exactly what you said. I uncocked the bow, and cocked it again, just to make sure it was all the way back. Still no go... the trigger just won’t release to fire. All I know to do is call Wyverns in the morning and see what we can do about it.

See if the safety will move to the fire position without an arrow nocked on the string. Now nock an arrow and see if it moves to the fire position. This will tell you if the ADF is being disengaged.
Sometimes, I've heard rookies say that have nocked an arrow when they actually have not. As a result, the ADF mechanism won't let them pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
There is a learning curve here,don't beat yourself so bad.Thats what I like about this forum,we can all learn something.
Great post Rancher.
We're all here for each other and stuff happens. Each of us has had to climb up that learning curve. Sometimes all it takes is a little pull from someone who has got just a little farther up that learning curve and is willing to share.
But later, that person who needed the little pull might return the favor by sharing something that the other might not know.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Thanks @robertyb and @bigbird1 for all your help. Ended up that I didn’t actually have the bolt all the way clicked in.... yeah I’m an idiot, lol.

It took way more force than I thought it would.

We experienced the same thing first time shooting it.
Loading will come easier as the center serving wears in a little.
Beautiful xbows, we love our Ravin.
Enjoy!

Reactions: rutman007

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
This things a freaking rocket! Unbelievable accuracy. It’s way more impressive than I had imagined it would be.
We are not Ravin salesman here, we tell it like it is, no reason to BS anyone.
You ain't kidding, the Ravins hit very hard, with very tight groups and laser flat trajectory!
Be sure to take a break every now and then, shooting is addictive LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts