Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sighting in for the first time tonight my new R29X and had a lumenock blow up on me.
Little hit on the serving but all else seemed to fair out ok.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was sighting in for the first time tonight my new R29X and had a lumenock blow up on me.
Little hit on the serving but all else seemed to fair out ok.

Anyone else have this issue?
I have had normal Ravin nocks do it and the lighted nocks. Busted cables when the Ravin nock blew up, no issues when the lighted nock blew. Not sure but I guess there was a bad spot in them?? Once I make sure the lighted nock is zeroed in I don’t shoot them anymore. I weight match the Ravin nock with a piece of solder inside the nock so the arrow is always the same weight when target shooting

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had normal Ravin nocks do it and the lighted nocks. Busted cables when the Ravin nock blew up, no issues when the lighted nock blew. Not sure but I guess there was a bad spot in them?? Once I make sure the lighted nock is zeroed in I don’t shoot them anymore. I weight match the Ravin nock with a piece of solder inside the nock so the arrow is always the same weight win target shooting
Good idea on the weight, then I dont have to shoot with my lighted as much.
Thanks for the info, I was half thinking of ditching the lighted nocks on it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Call Ravin, their support is second to none.
I had the same exact thing happen. In my case the nock bushing was not tight and not glued properly. I had 3 faulty arrows out of 18 total. The arrow in the center in the below photo still has pieces of the nock left in the insert.
Orange Garden tool Shovel Font Tool

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Call Ravin, their support is second to none.
I had the same exact thing happen. In my case the nock bushing was not tight and not glued properly. I had 3 faulty arrows out of 18 total. The arrow in the center in the below photo still has pieces of the nock left in the insert.
View attachment 226066
Thanks Chris, I was thinking of calling them.
Is that you over on AT selling your R29X?
Just wondering how you like it and what bolt setup works for you.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I love it. I am shooting the Ravin factory .001/lighted nocks with 100 grain swat practice head. Shooting out to 80 yards they group great

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love it. I am shooting the Ravin factory .001/lighted nocks with 100 grain swat practice head. Shooting out to 80 yards they group great
Nice, I just got mine last Saturday.
Bought .001 shafts and added the Ravin Lumenocks, just got the Oracle sighted in at 20 last night so no grouping data yet, hopefully today.

·
Registered
16,724 Posts
Has Lumenok fixed the Ravin nocks yet so they can be easily turned off?
My last one I had broke apart on my last shot with it when it hit my target. Both ears broke off and the battery was found down in the arrows shaft. I will not buy another until Ravin has them resized correctly by Lumenok.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has Lumenok fixed the Ravin nocks yet so they can be easily turned off?
My last one I had broke apart on my last shot with it when it hit my target. Both ears broke off and the battery was found down in the arrows shaft. I will not buy another until Ravin has them resized correctly by Lumenok.
I did not buy the lighted arrows, I added them afterwards and they are way to tight, assuming the lighted bolts come with the same nock I would say no, they have not fixed the issue.
I could pull the standard nocks out by hand.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have had normal Ravin nocks do it and the lighted nocks. Busted cables when the Ravin nock blew up, no issues when the lighted nock blew. Not sure but I guess there was a bad spot in them?? Once I make sure the lighted nock is zeroed in I don’t shoot them anymore. I weight match the Ravin nock with a piece of solder inside the nock so the arrow is always the same weight when target shooting
FYI, the solder thing worked great, cut and weigh, little hot melt and all within .5 grains of standard lighted nocks...
Nice the Ravin nock have the small inner cut out where the solder fits just right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We had a Lumenok GTC break, luckily the bow wasn't damaged.

In your case this may be a warranty issue for Raven, but in our case we purchased direct from Lumenok, so we contacted Lumenok.
Jim Crane, the sales manager there wasn't helpful and tried to imply we had somehow misused the nock, or said the bolt itself was to blame.
However, the office manager there Carmen Williams was super nice and professional, and refunded our money for the nocks.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We had a Lumenock GTC break, luckily the bow wasn't damaged.

In your case this may be a warranty issue for Raven, but in our case we purchased direct from Lumenok, so we contacted Lumenok.
Jim Crane, the sales manager there wasn't helpful and tried to imply we had somehow misused the nock, or said the bolt itself was to blame.
However, the office manager there Carmen Williams was super nice and professional, and refunded our money for the nocks.

Hope this is helpful to someone.
Good to know I am not alone with this issue.
I inspected some of the other lighted nocks I shot and one had a hairline crack down one side, it went in the trash.
In my case, I bought some standard .001 bolts and some of the Ravine / Lumenock lighted nocks and swapped nocks.
One thing I am noticing with the .001 ravin bolts, out of the box I can pull the standard nocks out by hand, very loose, even last night shooting I had 2 out of 5 bolts lose the nocks while shooting, not good.
The standard .003 bolts that came with the bow the nocks are super tight. For what you pay the quality control should be a lot better, especially since they force you to use their nocks and bolts.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Fishbones,
They really don't 'force' you to use their nocks and arrows. However, they strongly suggest it to avoid any warranty issues. For instance, I haven't used a Ravin arrow in 6 years on my R9 and 5 years on my R10.
Nonetheless, I do recommend most folks stick with Ravin nocks because they will grip the center serving better than any other nock I'm aware of. Shooting a Ravin with a loose fitting nock is like shooting a scatter gun.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts