Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
NEW RAVIN R18

Ravin turns traditional crossbow design on its head with the R18, using the new VertiCoil Cam System to compact a full-power crossbow into a weapon a fraction of the size of all others, firing arrows downrange at 330 feet per second. Unlike any other crossbow in history, the takedown-style R18 is a narrow 4.75 inches wide only 18 inches long without its detachable stock configuration.

The proprietary VertiCoil Cam System that powers the R18 takes already legendary HeliCoil Technology and—literally—cranks it up. This system rotates the R18’s ultra-small cams 720 degrees, wrapping the crossbow string and cables around the cam and cam axle, resulting in an astounding axle-to-axle height of just 1.3 inches when cocked. To learn more on the new R18 visit ravincrossbows.com

RAVIN INTRODUCES FIRST EVER TAKEDOWN-STYLE CROSSBOW
Seriously Small and Extra Wicked: Introducing the Ravin R18
Ravin turns traditional crossbow design on its head with the R18, using the new VertiCoil Cam System to compact a full-power crossbow into a weapon a fraction of the size of all others. Unlike any other crossbow in history, the takedown-style R18 is a narrow 4.75 inches wide only 18 inches long without its detachable stock configuration.

The proprietary VertiCoil Cam System that powers the R18 takes already legendary HeliCoil Technology and—literally—cranks it up. This system rotates the R18’s ultra-small cams 720 degrees, wrapping the crossbow string and cables around the cam and cam axle, resulting in an astounding axle-to-axle height of just 1.3 inches when cocked.

“Every year we identify and obliterate boundaries no one else in our industry sees,” says Doug Guthrie, New Product Development at Ravin. “The R18 is a unique takedown-style crossbow and has the latest groundbreaking and innovative technology from Ravin.”

Using the VertiCoil Cam System, the limbs of the R18 expand vertically instead of horizontally for an axle-to-axle height of just 1.3 inches when fully cocked or 4.1 inches uncocked. The 6-pound R18 features a detachable stock with an integrated removable quiver system, built-in cocking mechanism for an easy draw, anti-dry fire/auto safety and built in sling mounts. Inside the box contains the new Ravin 3-Dot Reflex Sight for an easy target acquisition, three 350-grain 16-inch R18 arrows with field points and a removable draw handle. The R18 is black and will be available Spring 2021 with an MSRP of $1,549.99.

After you shoot your deer, are those wheels on the front so you can strap your deer to it and wheel him out?

·
Registered
12,403 Posts
Closer to 10, its 9.9LBS

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
I am pretty sure that Ravin gives the weight of their bows fully assembled. And the 9.9 lbs is with the electric cocker mounted apparently as the bow without the cocker is shown at 8.4 lbs.

·
Registered
12,403 Posts
Look at the specs. It gives the weight then on down says fully assembled. I would go weigh my R20 and see but it has a Sig Sauer scope on it now.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I wonder how many times it can be electrically cocked before the battery runs out of charge?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I wonder how many times it can be electrically cocked before the battery runs out of charge?
Just carry a portable generator around, then no worries! All jokes aside ,that is pretty neat! Pretty pricey to.......

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Just carry a portable generator around, then no worries! All jokes aside ,that is pretty neat! Pretty pricey to.......
They should offer a spare battery pack and charger for your vehicle, I would think.
For the low, low, Ravin exclusive price of $599.99 USD, plus shipping and handling of $299.99.
Order yours today!

Hey, I'm gonna try our Bosch cordless drill with a 1/4" drive on our TenPoint with AcuSlide LOLOL.
(I think someone mentioned that back in the summertime. Don't know if they actually tried it).

Reactions: USAF Ret in Wis

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
They should offer a spare battery pack and charger for your vehicle, I would think.
For the low, low, Ravin exclusive price of $599.99 USD, plus shipping and handling of $299.99.
Order yours today!

Hey, I'm gonna try our Bosch cordless drill with a 1/4" drive on our TenPoint with AcuSlide LOLOL.
(I think someone mentioned that back in the summertime).
Be careful not to over crank with a drill......

Reactions: ldock and dynamo61

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Be careful not to over crank with a drill......
Right, thanks for the heads up.
I will set the Drill Motor to lowest torque setting, it has a slip clutch.

Reactions: Gwn001

·
Registered
333 Posts
How Ravin could come with that much new technology in the year of COVID is unbelievable. What an tremendous accomplishment even if I’m not gonna buy new this year.
Especially when their own users gang up on a guy for poor customer service and blame covid for it

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Too heavy imo. And too pricey. You won’t see me with one.
Should have been named the “Vaporizer”. Lol

At 150 yards the bolt should still be a humming.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Too heavy imo. And too pricey. You won’t see me with one.
Should have been named the “Vaporizer”. Lol

At 150 yards the bolt should still be a humming.
8.4# ain't that heavy, IMO, for 500fps and 222 ft-lbs KE.

Reactions: philztoy

·
Registered
69 Posts
A couple of points on the R500e/R500

1. Power cocking is removable so weight comes down a little (R29x range)
2. Power cocking is an option (they sell the a R500 without it)
3. You can manually cock and uncock the all R500 crossbows
4. R500 packages range from $3050 non electric to $3750 full tilt.
5. Power cocking option is $450 stand alone
6. Extra batteries are $75
7. Extra chargers are $85

41 - 60 of 77 Posts