Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love how everyone is getting excited about these bows when no one outside of Ravin has physically touched these bows let along seeing one function in person or on video.
Doesn’t seem like they are in production yet.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Registered
4 Posts
Questions I have to ask myself....do i need 500 fps? Clearly not. Would i like to have 500fps? Well heck yeah! Am i willing to get rid of my very affordable R26? Heck no. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
346 Posts
Questions I have to ask myself....do i need 500 fps? Clearly not. Would i like to have 500fps? Well heck yeah! Am i willing to get rid of my very affordable R26? Heck no. Just my 2 cents worth.
If you call $2000 a very affordable crossbow, the extra $1000 won't hurt you. Just a joke!.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you call $2000 a very affordable crossbow, the extra $1000 won't hurt you. Just a joke!.

I actually bought mine brand new for $1660 delivered to my door. The cost is relative To each individual and actually last year when i first heard about them i thought that $2k was too much But i do see your point.

·
346 Posts
I actually bought mine brand new for $1660 delivered to my door. The cost is relative To each individual and actually last year when i first heard about them i thought that $2k was too much But i do see your point.
1600 is a steal. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
kiss hunting with a crossbow during archery season goodbye. thanks Ravin
There are still plenty of KISS xbows available as options.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
NEW RAVIN R18

Ravin turns traditional crossbow design on its head with the R18, using the new VertiCoil Cam System to compact a full-power crossbow into a weapon a fraction of the size of all others, firing arrows downrange at 330 feet per second. Unlike any other crossbow in history, the takedown-style R18 is a narrow 4.75 inches wide only 18 inches long without its detachable stock configuration.

The proprietary VertiCoil Cam System that powers the R18 takes already legendary HeliCoil Technology and—literally—cranks it up. This system rotates the R18’s ultra-small cams 720 degrees, wrapping the crossbow string and cables around the cam and cam axle, resulting in an astounding axle-to-axle height of just 1.3 inches when cocked. To learn more on the new R18 visit ravincrossbows.com

RAVIN INTRODUCES FIRST EVER TAKEDOWN-STYLE CROSSBOW
Seriously Small and Extra Wicked: Introducing the Ravin R18
Ravin turns traditional crossbow design on its head with the R18, using the new VertiCoil Cam System to compact a full-power crossbow into a weapon a fraction of the size of all others. Unlike any other crossbow in history, the takedown-style R18 is a narrow 4.75 inches wide only 18 inches long without its detachable stock configuration.

The proprietary VertiCoil Cam System that powers the R18 takes already legendary HeliCoil Technology and—literally—cranks it up. This system rotates the R18’s ultra-small cams 720 degrees, wrapping the crossbow string and cables around the cam and cam axle, resulting in an astounding axle-to-axle height of just 1.3 inches when cocked.

“Every year we identify and obliterate boundaries no one else in our industry sees,” says Doug Guthrie, New Product Development at Ravin. “The R18 is a unique takedown-style crossbow and has the latest groundbreaking and innovative technology from Ravin.”

Using the VertiCoil Cam System, the limbs of the R18 expand vertically instead of horizontally for an axle-to-axle height of just 1.3 inches when fully cocked or 4.1 inches uncocked. The 6-pound R18 features a detachable stock with an integrated removable quiver system, built-in cocking mechanism for an easy draw, anti-dry fire/auto safety and built in sling mounts. Inside the box contains the new Ravin 3-Dot Reflex Sight for an easy target acquisition, three 350-grain 16-inch R18 arrows with field points and a removable draw handle. The R18 is black and will be available Spring 2021 with an MSRP of $1,549.99.

Flip your burger and shoot your deer at the same time. Good for the grilling and killing. LOL

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I have to say I think previous models are more appealing to me. A bow shooting 500fps brings a lot of challenges with it. Stopping those arrows will push any target to their limits.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Gonna be interesting to see how the R500 cranks without the electric add on as that weight would be absolute Max I’d go up to. There is more engineering & technology in the R18 then anything I’ve seen in a longtime with limbs. Wonder about it’s potential accuracy.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I have to say I think previous models are more appealing to me. A bow shooting 500fps brings a lot of challenges with it. Stopping those arrows will push an target to their limits.
Yes but all ancillary equipment tends to catch up to the leader soon enough.
Our SpyderWeb ST18XL target stops 445gr CenterPunch arrows at 440 fps from 20 yards with room to spare on the arrow's shaft.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Bottom line is that there will be only a small percentage of these 470-500FPS Crossbows sold compared to the entire market. Most of us realize(depending on our style of hunting- (treestand vs out west spot & stalk) that 375-425FPS is totally all that is needed. If I was going to Africa for the Big 5 or 7 then the 500 with very heavy arrows would probably be the thing. Now that the 500 barrier has been achieved I’m hoping more focus is put on reliability, better component parts(strings, cables, glass) warranty improvements, etc. I do like the idea of Ravin’s new scope coming on a crossbow where you can eliminate the Jackplate or HHA and stick with a single crosshair and standard rangefinder. My next purchase however won’t be a crossbow and will hopefully be the new Burris Scope.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts