Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I called up Scorpyd yesterday to discuss crossbows with someone. Rex answered the phone and listened to what I wanted in a crossbow then recommended the Aculeus with 135# limbs.
Last night I went on their website and ordered an Aculeus package. Today, at lunch, I telephoned Scorpyd and Rex answers again, I was just wanting to make sure that I had ordered the exact crossbow and arrows that he had recommended. Fortunately I had AND it had already shipped this morning! That is FAST SHIPPING!
I’m excited about this new crossbow.

Lonster

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What color did you get? What kind of speed are you gonna get out of the 135# version?
I got the camo version.
Speed, I don’t know yet, the advertised speed is 400 FPS. I’ll be shooting the upgraded arrows offered by Scorpyd in the package and 100 grain mechanical broadheads.
I wasn’t looking for speed but rather a quiet, DEPENDABLE crossbow. Rex suggested this bow and said that it’s what he shoots.
Lonster

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, I am not big on speed either. I was just curious. I think you will really like it and I hope it serves you well. Too bad you had the bad time with Tenpoint. I have a Tenpoint but I got the rope cocker because I have seen too many problems with the Accudraw.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You probably just bought the best bow they build. The 135 is more than enough. I doubt you’ll achieve that 400fps but 380’s-390’s for sure. Without follow up pictures this thread is completely bogus!!!!
I hope that it is the best bow that they build. I’ve killed lots of whitetails in my 35 years of bow hunting and never I have I shot a bow that was anywhere close to 380 FPS.
I’ll post some pics Tuesday.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 135 will be very easy to rope cock. Did anyone mention it has a fantastic trigger and is quite also? :)
I ordered the long rope cocker.
I’ve read lots of good stuff about the trigger.
I’ve outgrown the wanting the latest, greatest, fastest bow stage of my life.
I’m wanting simplicity and dependability. Of course a little speed won’t hurt😁

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
I think you made a good call... youll be able to use the short rope cocking sled with that bow also.... its better than the long rope, in my book, less to mess with....

·
Registered
902 Posts
That bow is a very strong contender for the bow with the best feed back by the owners. I have #135 limbs for my vent, but shoot the #100 limbs I got from an old vendor on this site...Mainstreet George.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
You better go ahead and make a Dr's appt. to remove that permanent grin you're fixing to have! Congrads and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have a Deathstalker and an Aculeus and love them both. The Aculeus is extremely rugged, has a butter-smooth trigger, and very accurate. I also love the fact that I can change out a bowstring in the field without a press. My Scorpyds have been to several continents and taken free-range Aoudad through Kudu. The 135# should be plenty fast for deer and much easier to cock. There’s quite a bit to like about the Aculeus - only downside I know of is the size - it’s a big crossbow - but it’s also big on performance. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I ordered the long rope cocker.
I’ve read lots of good stuff about the trigger.
I’ve outgrown the wanting the latest, greatest, fastest bow stage of my life.
I’m wanting simplicity and dependability. Of course a little speed won’t hurt😁
A little extra oomph doesn't hurt when that arrow is making its way through a critter. I not only like the speed for a flatter shooting arrow. It also helps with those not so possible shots that you wouldn't take with a slower arrow and if you have a marginal hit. Latest and greatest isn't always the way to go. Scorpyd are built to be hunted hard!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
A little extra oomph doesn't hurt when that arrow is making its way through a critter. I not only like the speed for a flatter shooting arrow. It also helps with those not so possible shots that you wouldn't take with a slower arrow and if you have a marginal hit. Latest and greatest isn't always the way to go. Scorpyd are built to be hunted hard!!!
That‘s the plain truth of it, Scorpyd crossbows are very rugged. Hunting environments and conditions can be tough on equipment and my Scorpyds have consistency proven themselves where it matters most. Tough and battle-tested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts