Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just started with a crossbow. I have a bag target that works well for field points and have my crossbow zeroed. I want to insure my mechanical broadhead is true to the current zero. I hate to lose a broadhead but I would hate to lose a deer because of a bad shot even worse so I want to double check using my hunting set up.
1: Any recommendations on a target; either purchased or home-built is appreciated.
2- If I use a bag target; is it even possible to retrieve the bolt and head? If so, do I unscrew the bolt first? Suggestions or comments welcome.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Depending on your broadheads, there are some that can be taped shut and shot into targets. With that said....they will still cut up a fp target some but it is doable for a very few shots. It can be a pain getting the bh's out too. Just a little experience with my home made rag bag targets...…...

Being as youre new to crossbows I'd recommend you go ahead, bite the bullet, and get you a decent broadhead target that will last you several years. It'll save you on broadheads and arrows having a good target.

Also, welcome to the boards.:)

Reactions: Recluse
1 - 6 of 6 Posts