Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put on new string and cables does this this picture look like something is wrong ? vent extreme 175

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
I don't know anything about your bow but it looks like quite a bit of down pressure on the bowstring?!?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Check your cable pucks. Think about what's causing the cams to be pulling downward, out of level.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Limb pockets stuck, need lubricated? Any other maintenance done to the bow at this time?

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Post a pick of the cable hangers for me !!

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Check both the cocked and uncocked ATA's to see if they are correct. if the ATA is wider or narrower than what it's supposed to be it could be causing this extra pressure, maybe....

·
Registered
142 Posts
photos can be deceptive

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
He sent me a pick in a pm just as I thought he has the cable hangers upside down or cables on top .

Reactions: Generator

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
You crack me up Jerry .lol
Why is that funny, there isn't a full view as well as the angle a picture is taken at can change the look

IMHO the only way to know is to have the bow in your hands

I'm not talking about the limb pucks and im not trying to say there isn't too much or just right down pressure, I'm saying you can't be sure from a picture

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Why is that funny, there isn't a full view as well as the angle a picture is taken at can change the look

IMHO the only way to know is to have the bow in your hands

I'm not talking about the limb pucks and im not trying to say there isn't too much or just right down pressure, I'm saying you can't be sure from a picture
Jerry no disrespect and i understand your point .
But that first pick told me there was something wrong ,the second pick confirmed it for me , lol.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
He sent me a pick in a pm just as I thought he has the cable hangers upside down or cables on top .
Ok i need to fess up something , when i looked at the pick on my cell phone i was so into looking at the limb hangers i did not see that he pictured his bow upside down ,LOL.
So his cable hangers are right .
the only other thing that can do this is the limbs are a tad narrower than the limb pocket .
I have run into this , and what happens is the cables pull the limb tip down and skew the narrow sloppy fit of the limb down in front and up in the back .
MY Bad Nvrdone !!!!
I was born a blond LOL.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
It does look like the cams are below the barrel in the picture with the straight edge sitting on the barrel.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok i need to fess up something , when i looked at the pick on my cell phone i was so into looking at the limb hangers i did not see that he pictured his bow upside down ,LOL.
So his cable hangers are right .
the only other thing that can do this is the limbs are a tad narrower than the limb pocket .
I have run into this , and what happens is the cables pull the limb tip down and skew the narrow sloppy fit of the limb down in front and up in the back .
MY Bad Nvrdone !!!!
I was born a blond LOL.
As i said pics can be deceptive and misinterpreted :LOL:

Let's take this a step further

You bow #9

From pics you could see it had down pressure

I posted pics of it here after I put it back together and it didn't appear to have much down pressure

I shot it almost 300 shots with no string wear but had to stop when the crank broke

Then you get the bow to work on

I will bet when you got the bow you had no idea it would take more shims to fix the down pressure than any other bow you have touched until you started measuring

1 - 20 of 21 Posts