Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface what I’m about to say by stating that I chose Tenpoint after EXTENSIVE research and I narrowed my choice between Tenpoint and Scorpyd. I chose Tenpoint because of their history in the crossbow market, their warranty, reviews by Tenpoint crossbow owners and the fact that they are “made in the USA”.

Once I had decided on Tenpoint then I was looking at various models and price shopping and stumbled upon a Stealth NXT package for $999.00 no tax and free shipping, so I ordered one.

My new crossbow arrived within a week of placing my order and I immediately opened my package and began installing the scope, hanger, etc.

When I removed the crossbow from the packaging the butt plate fell off. Upon inspection it was obvious that the screws were never installed in the butt plate. I just assumed they were in the packaging with other screws and bolts, nope, not there. So I just attached the butt plate with zip ties and emailed Tenpoint. Within a few days my screws arrived (Monday of this week) and I installed them last night.

So, this morning I decided to shoot my crossbow at 50 yards, I previously sighted it in at 20 yards and the fine tuned at 40 yards, per the instructions that came with my crossbow.
Anyhow, I shot 6 times at 50 yards and I was quite pleased with the accuracy (shooting from a picnic table with a rifle rest. I then moved my target to 40 yards with the intent to shoot 3 arrows and put my crossbow up and get back to work. My bow came with the Accudraw Pro. When cocking my bow for my 2nd shot at 40 yards, at approximately 20% of the draw cycle, my Accudraw failed and my crossbow dryfired! The string on the Accudraw had come out of the cocking mechanism. The string has a knot on the end and this knot had come out of whatever holds it in the Accudraw mechanism. I understand things happen, our season opens October 15th so no biggie, plenty of time to get it repaired and get everything fine tuned before the season gets here.

I took photos, gathered up my equipment and came inside and called Tenpoint. This is where the understanding and being easy-going and not a whiner went out the window. I was assisted by a nice young lady at Tenpoint who was very cordial and listened to my issue. After listening carefully to what my issue was she says “well sir, your bow IS NOT NEW, EVEN THOUGH YOU THOUGHT THAT YOU PURCHASED A NEW BOW IT ISN’T NEW AND OUR WARRANTY DOESN’T COVER THE ACCUDRAW OR THE ACCUDRAW STRING. THAT IS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE FOR PURCHASE, YOU’LL NEED TO GO THERE AND PURCHASE THIS ITEM.”

At that moment I responded with “ok ma’am I’m going to say this as nice as I can. I purchased a Tenpoint because of y’all’s reputation and your WARRANTY. I purchased a NEW bow and it came with a WARRANTY and I expect the warranty to cover this. I don’t want to get ugly but if y’all force me to I will. I’m an attorney and I’ll do whatever it takes legally and I’ll fire y’all up on every Internet forum that has anything to do with crossbows.”
At that time she says ok sir, what’s your serial number on your bow, I gave her the serial number and she said “oh, your bow was actually made in 2020, it’s very new.” I then said I haand I can send them to you, she said “yes please”. So I immediately emailed the photos to her and she told me that they wanted me to send the bow to them to be repaired. She gave me a return authorization number and their address and I assured her I’d try to get it shipped out today.

It aggravates me that when I contacted them their reps first response was:
“Sir you might have thought you bought a new bow but isn’t new.”
“Our warranty doesn’t cover this you’ll need to go to our website and purchase ...”

Then AFTER having to argue my case she looks up my bow by serial number and says:
“Your bow was actually made it 2020, it’s very new”
“We want you to ship your bow back to us so that we can repair this.”

I would feel much better with my choosing Tenpoint if they would have cut through the BS and right off the bat offered to repair my bow instead of telling me that I didn’t have a NEW bow and that their warranty wouldn’t cover my issue.

I’ll be sure to update y’all when I receive my bow back.

Lonster

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Times 100 !!!

Good luck Lonster and kudos to you for your patience in handling what should have been a relatively pleasant experience.

Reactions: Irsh

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had the very same issue with the accudraw on the Shadow NXT that I owned for a while. That is a very scary, and potentially dangerous situation. I hope they get you taken care of. As for the attitude of the person who "helped" you on the phone, sounds like they need some lessons in what good customer service is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Why did they say "it's not new"? Who was the seller? I have been looking at Stealth NXT's for 8 months and the lowest price I could find was $1099. Did you register the bow when you bought it? Also, I doubt they were still manufacturing the Stealth in 2020 while they had production demands for new models and Covid-19 issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why did they say "it's not new"? Who was the seller? I have been looking at Stealth NXT's for 8 months and the lowest price I could find was $1099. Did you register the bow when you bought it? Also, I doubt they were still manufacturing the Stealth in 2020 while they had production demands for new models and Covid-19 issues.
I purchased my Stealth NXT from Northwoods Outlet

I registered the bow last week when I got it.

The girl told me it was made in 2020 according to the serial number.

I’ll sell you my new Stealth NXT for $800 when it comes back from Tenpoint.

I’m about to order a Scorpyd right now. I’m not going to have to jump through hoops for a company to honor their warranty. I deal with insurance companies at work, the first thing an insurance company does is deny claims and deny responsibility, the SAME thing that Tenpoint tried with me this morning.

Lonster

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I purchased my Stealth NXT from Northwoods Outlet

I registered the bow last week when I got it.

The girl told me it was made in 2020 according to the serial number.

I’ll sell you my new Stealth NXT for $800 when it comes back from Tenpoint.

I’m about to order a Scorpyd right now. I’m not going to have to jump through hoops for a company to honor their warranty. I deal with insurance companies at work, the first thing an insurance company does is deny claims and deny responsibility, the SAME thing that Tenpoint tried with me this morning.

Lonster
Northwoods Outlet has some killer deals at times. This one must have gone fast since I check on their website quite often.

Reactions: Lonster

·
Registered
470 Posts
sorry this happened.....yet the reason I don't spend that amount of money of a crossbow, yes I can afford anyone on the market but I see no reason too. I like Centerpoint, if it breaks within 5 years they fix it, but before the 5 years is up I want another one

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
sorry this happened.....yet the reason I don't spend that amount of money of a crossbow, yes I can afford anyone on the market but I see no reason too. I like Centerpoint, if it breaks within 5 years they fix it, but before the 5 years is up I want another one
Yeah, some of these bows are long term investments. LOL

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Can you remove the screws and take the Accu draw apart? If so, install a larger knot or something by the knot
to prevent it from coming out again.
All the best.

·
Registered
14 Posts
some think it's a investment....investment makes you $$$, the minute you walk out the door with the crossbow you loose value
You are right. But, why spend more money for good bourbon, beer, and food?
I mean why pay for a steak, when a peanut butter sandwich can fill you up?
Why get a microbrew when Natty light does the same thing?
Why get a single malt 18yr old Scotch when Cutty is Scotch too?

Life is short. I have super limited amount of time to spend in the woods. I want nice stuff, I can afford nice stuff, and if nice stuff makes me happier, than sobeit. Plus, I cannot take my money with me, so why not enjoy the fruits of my labor from my job?

Oh, and it's not "loose money" it is "lose money" ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow....That sucks Lonster. Sorry man. SMH. Aside from the obvious accudraw issue, you need to be worried about damaged limbs from the dry fire caused by the failing accudraw. Make SURE they check the limbs, riser, etc. Not all CSR's are created equal, even when they work for a company that has a good reputation. You SHOULD have messaged the TP rep on this forum first.(10PtCrossbow) I am pretty sure Randy would have done right by you in a professional and courteous manner. I'd hit him up anyway and tell him what happened and how displeased you are with how the CSR handled your issue from the word "Hello".

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are right. But, why spend more money for good bourbon, beer, and food?
I mean why pay for a steak, when a peanut butter sandwich can fill you up?
Why get a microbrew when Natty light does the same thing?
Why get a single malt 18yr old Scotch when Cutty is Scotch too?

Life is short. I have super limited amount of time to spend in the woods. I want nice stuff, I can afford nice stuff, and if nice stuff makes me happier, than sobeit. Plus, I cannot take my money with me, so why not enjoy the fruits of my labor from my job?

Oh, and it's not "loose money" it is "lose money" ;)
Mitchellparker Did we just become best friends?! You took the words right out of my mouth.

bunnyrabbit, I thought about doing just that but my luck I would have created an even bigger problem. Like I tell my clients who draft their own legal documents and then come to me when they end up in a lawsuit, “when you try to save $100 lots of times you create a $1,000 problem.”
I purchased a new, expensive crossbow, with a warranty, from what I believed to a reputable company. I only had 15-16 shots with the crossbow at the time of the failure. Someone didn’t assemble something correctly OR a part Or parts were defective, either way not my place to try to troubleshoot, research and attempt to repair something that is new and is covered by a warranty.

Lonster

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bulldoggboyz,
I wouldn’t want to get the girl in trouble with her boss and hopefully every Tenpoint CSR doesn’t handle calls the way she did. I know what it’s like to have employees and being responsible and having to answer for their actions, been there, done that.

As for the dryfire, fortunately the malfunction happened when the bowstring had only been drawn about 2” back. I checked everything out and all appeared to be ok.

I may own another Tenpoint in the future, who knows, however at the moment I am quite displeased with them. So much so that I telephoned Scorpyd today and spoke with a nice gentleman. I told him about me choosing Tenpoint over Scorpyd for my first crossbow and why I did so, then I told him about my experience with Tenpoint this morning. He assured me that Scorpyd didn’t handle issues the way Tenpoint did this morning. After telling him what I wanted in a crossbow, he made a recommendation and I will soon be the owner of a new Scorpyd Aculeus crossbow.
Lonster

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Bulldoggboyz,
I wouldn’t want to get the girl in trouble with her boss and hopefully every Tenpoint CSR doesn’t handle calls the way she did. I know what it’s like to have employees and being responsible and having to answer for their actions, been there, done that.

As for the dryfire, fortunately the malfunction happened when the bowstring had only been drawn about 2” back. I checked everything out and all appeared to be ok.

I may own another Tenpoint in the future, who knows, however at the moment I am quite displeased with them. So much so that I telephoned Scorpyd today and spoke with a nice gentleman. I told him about me choosing Tenpoint over Scorpyd for my first crossbow and why I did so, then I told him about my experience with Tenpoint this morning. He assured me that Scorpyd didn’t handle issues the way Tenpoint did this morning. After telling him what I wanted in a crossbow, he made a recommendation and I will soon be the owner of a new Scorpyd Aculeus crossbow.
Lonster
You're going to love that new bow! Great choice......Sorry about your issues though!

Reactions: Lonster

·
4,775 Posts
Lonster
I’ve had an Aculeus 460/original AccuDraw (much prefer over the AD Pro) for 3 years and 1400 shots. Black, soft finish. It just exudes quality. I use Jerry’s Spynal Tapps(Tapp Nation/SSAS) with the appropriate Firenock nocks. Its so easy to time, replace string (haven‘t needed to) , etc.
It’s a bit large by today’s offerings. Accuracy and consistency is incredible. Trigger is excellent.
Yes,I’m in love with my SWAT/SWAT XP; but I am also in love with my Aculeus.
You did well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts