Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the UPS guy delivered my new Stealth NXT at 10:00am this morning. This is my first crossbow. I have hunted and competed in 3D with a compound bow for 35 years, however, due to a shoulder injury I have purchased a crossbow for my archery hunting.

I have fired one other crossbow, it was last year, in an archery shop, and it was a Ravin, I don’t remember the model but it was FAST!

So I was in the market for a crossbow. After exhaustive research I decided that my first crossbow would be a Tenpoint (made in USA, excellent customer service, fast, quiet, and great reviews).
I was on a local hunting forum and someone posted a link to a Tenpoint Stealth NXT package for $999.00 with no tax and free shipping, I ordered one last week and it arrived today.

The fit and finish are excellent.

It took me about an hour to mount the Rangemaster scope, Install the hanger, lubricate the string and rail, etc. and watch the Tenpoint video on using the Acu Draw Pro. Then I was off to the back yard to sight it in.

My package included 3 Evo-X CenterPunch arrows (I ordered 6 more and they were delivered today also).

So I set my target at 20 yards and, using my rifle rest, I fired my first shot. It was a little low 1” and about 3” to the left. It took me 3 more shots to hit the center of the bullseye.

I then moved my target to 40 yards and set the speed ring on my scope for 380 FPS, bullseye! I pulled my arrow and shot it 2 more times at 40 yards, bullseye each time!

This crossbow is awesome. If you are in the market for a crossbow I highly recommend Tenpoint.

Lonster

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Congratulations! For a first timer, you did everything right. Even though your crossbow said it shoots 410 fps, it's not with the Evo X arrows. You turning the speed dial to 380 was perfect. I can't believe you did it all on your own. The price of $999 was great too. I have the same bow and paid $1099 and no tax or shipping and that's the cheapest I can find it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Excellent taste in equipment. Can't go wrong with a TenPoint, good luck and hope you bleed it with a big old buck!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the TP family. I too have a Stealth NXT, and love it. I’ll be taking it to my local range this Saturday to exercise the strings a little. Wish I could shoot in my back yard like a lot of guys, but my local range is close by so not too much of a struggle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts