·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
14,158 Posts
Knock on wood.....no ticks on me or my dogs this whole past year. I hope it stays that way too. Good info. Even MORE of a reason to check yourself and animals more closely. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Another bug, just what we need. We have lost all,of our Ash trees due to the Emerald Ash Borer. This happens in a global economy. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Some damn good advice! We got infested with those Lantern Bugs in SE Pennsylvania. What a PITA! They are hard to smash once they are adults, and they jump/fly as soon as you try. SMH. Another option for you folks is "BugSkinz" clothing. It's kind of like Under Armour, but it's supposedly bite proof from Ticks and Mosquitoes. The cuffs are tight so ticks cant get up under it too. It's not really that expensive either. I'm thinking about trying it out myself. Between my Thermacell, BugSkinz, and the use of Permethrin, I think I'll be good to go!

·
Crossbow Nut
3,594 Posts
Another bug in nature's arsenal...and yet another reason to use Permethrin on our hunting clothes. No scent after it dries and it is effective for up to 6 washings. Get the concentrate and dilute it 1 1/2 oz to the gallon of water.
Where do you get the concentrate? Does it kill em or repel em? I don't just want to hurt their feelins, I want em dead!

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,538 Posts
Good thread, guys! Lyme desease is pretty rare out west here, but my daughter got it from a tick bite while she gutted a decent buck she'd whacked with my Excal. She beat it though!!! With treatment from a naturalpath Doc that also has a licence for medicine. He hit it hard for 14 months of pure hell and warfare!!!!! I'm tell'n you guys, it's hell to get rid of it!!! And that was with early detection!!!

I learnt a lot through this....

Permethrin is great for kill'n ticks as they get on your clothing, but make sure you don't breath in the spray if you apply it yourself on your clothing. It got banned in Canada partly for this reason, I guess. Regular bug sprays, with high deet con. help keep the ticks off also. Possibly the Naturalpel type also, not sure though. Maybe someone here knows?....

One thing to keep in mind though, most Lyme is transmitted by the immature ticks, the size of this period (.) !!!!! Good luck finding that as it's hide'n behind your left nut!!!!!

And another thing to know, most blood tests are a joke!!!! In north America, the labs check for anti bodies. But anti bodies for Lyme usually don't show for a few months, if at all!!!!
Dr. Benthom here sends blood samples to a lab in Germany that specializes in Lyme detection! They've figured out how to culture the Lyme, so their test results are very accurate! I wouldn't trust any lab still testing for anti bodies....if your Doc is using this kind of a lab, FIND A NEW DOC!!!!!! Missed diagnosis even around here have ruined and killed people!!!!! Catch it early with accurate testing, Lyme can usually be knocked out quickly with a double dose of Docsecycline.(spelling...) ! My daughter just happened to have a strong strain of it. Yes, there's different strains....Miss knocking it out early, and it's warefare!!!!! My daughter was taking hundreds of pills and injections every week!!!! Usually three hard antibiotics at once, plus everything else. And monthly checks by an internal meds Doc for any sign of organ probs from all the meds.......

I hope north American labs are figuring better testing by now though.....

Hope this helps. Take care out there, and don't ignore it like I did!!!! It's hell watch'n your kid suffer!!!

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
I just came in from spreading Lime on my food plot out back and now learn I can get Lime disease cause I did not use permethrin while spreading it. 😣 :po_O:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
A little off topic but may be worth sharing.
Canadians have been receiving unsolicited packages of seeds in the mail lately:
Sounds like some in the US are getting them as well.
"Authorities warn that "unauthorized seeds" could sprout into invasive plants or carry pests that can be harmful if introduced to Canada.
They say these species can invade agricultural and natural areas, causing "serious damage to our plant resources."
The CFIA is asking people who receive unrequested seed shipments to contact their regional office "immediately," and hang on to the packaging and contents until they hear from an inspector.

The United States Department of Agriculture says it is aware of "suspicious," unsolicited seed packages that appear to have been shipped across the U.S. from China."

How does the saying go these days?
"Stay woke" LOL.

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
And they have checked many of these seeds packs already and have not found anything but seeds. And all were seeds that could and are planted daily in the USA during planting seasons.
Just more stuff for sensational news reporting. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts