Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 50 years old; hunting has always been part of my life, but I stopped hunting in 2005. This year I visited my cousins in Mexico, and we went hunting, I spent a wonderful time over, remembering all those days that I spent hunting with my dad, uncle, and cousin. This trip made me think about why I have never introduced my kids to this beautiful sport. So I decided to start hunting again and bring my kids along!
I am a rifle guy, and my wife did not want to have guns at home, we agreed that bow hunting was the way to go, so I decided to use a crossbow as my weapon. I am completely new to bow/crossbow and have a lot of questions, thank God I found this place, lots of useful information!

Here are some pictures of my trip that made me embrace the beauty of hunting again, looking forward for new memories :)

Picture frame Furniture Smile Table Chair
Plant Grass Fawn Window Terrestrial animal
Window Plant Automotive mirror Grass Fawn
Plant Fence Fawn Terrestrial animal Landscape
Plant Grass Groundcover Rural area Slope
Smile Tire Military camouflage Motor vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
17,172 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Looks like a good time had.:)

· Registered
7,469 Posts
Welcome to CBN and I wish you the best in this new journey. At 50 years young you have many years ahead of you to get the family involved and master the amazing sport of bowhunting. I too, hunt with friends and family and I'm the lone archer but I do fit in well with my xbow.

I think you will find the CBN forum an excellent place for info. and you will pick this up quickly!
Nose Cheek Smile Thumbs signal Jaw

· Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
998 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas!!
Great to see the Javelina!!
Glad to have you and your family here!!

· Registered
755 Posts
Welcome from NE Arkansas and nice pics!

Reactions: AJ01

· Registered
715 Posts
Crossbows are great for kids because no kick!
I had little kids and guns , I had a locked room with locked safes for ammo and guns inside the room.
Not trying to strat trouble with your wife but there are ways to be safe and own guns. My room also had an alarm on the door . Granted not everyone has the means or the desire to do what I did but enjoy your sport however it works for you and your family

1 - 16 of 16 Posts