Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as I start to see Killer Instinct 2020 models in the stores I will be purchasing the Speed 425. I need some help with what accessories i should buy with the bow, I know I semi ridged case is important to protect it in the woods. Any suggestions on a case that will not break the bank, killer instinct has a nice case but I do not want to become a walking billboard for KI for free, maybe in exchange for some products. 2. How many bolts should I buy to start off with, i know the bow comes with 3 so I was thinking maybe a dozen to start with I plan to hunt deer, turkey, and boar with this crossbow so I should probably pick up some machanical broadheads while they are clearing out the 2019 and bringing in the 2020 models. Any suggestions on something that would work out of a crossbow that fast. And should I install illuminated nocks so one if I missing target which i know I will I stand a chance of finding it. Also last question do the Micro diameter arrows really make that much of a difference in the wind? any help or suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
First of all welcome. I don’t know about good cases for that bow, but when it comes to arrows I personally always start with a half dozen. That gives you a chance to test the arrows in your particular bow. Once I’ve confirmed which arrows perform best I install lighted nocks and broadheads on the arrows that ride in my quiver to hunt with. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
First of all welcome. I don’t know about good cases for that bow, but when it comes to arrows I personally always start with a half dozen. That gives you a chance to test the arrows in your particular bow. Once I’ve confirmed which arrows perform best I install lighted nocks and broadheads on the arrows that ride in my quiver to hunt with. Best of luck to you.
Also sight in and verify POI with the lighted nocks and broadheads. You may see significant differences from field points.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Vendor
1,617 Posts
As soon as I start to see Killer Instinct 2020 models in the stores I will be purchasing the Speed 425. I need some help with what accessories i should buy with the bow, I know I semi ridged case is important to protect it in the woods. Any suggestions on a case that will not break the bank, killer instinct has a nice case but I do not want to become a walking billboard for KI for free, maybe in exchange for some products. 2. How many bolts should I buy to start off with, i know the bow comes with 3 so I was thinking maybe a dozen to start with I plan to hunt deer, turkey, and boar with this crossbow so I should probably pick up some machanical broadheads while they are clearing out the 2019 and bringing in the 2020 models. Any suggestions on something that would work out of a crossbow that fast. And should I install illuminated nocks so one if I missing target which i know I will I stand a chance of finding it. Also last question do the Micro diameter arrows really make that much of a difference in the wind? any help or suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
I would start with 6 cheap arrows that have a reputation for being fairly good factory fletched

Keep your practice to short yardage until you are comfortable shooting. Once you are comfortable then move back and begin refining your skill

Then begin to evaluate your setup if you want better arrows look at building them or buying from a shop that test, cull, spine and weight match them

The reason I said start cheap is you are likely going to break or loose a few while you are getting familiar with the bow

·
Registered
266 Posts
I started out with six factory arrows. If you don’t shoot groups, you won’t destroy your arrows and they will last a long time. Shoot one arrow per dot.

·
9,016 Posts
18 quality … arrows to both train & hunt with interchangeably. If you practice with crappy ammunition you'll never become a good shooter. "It's about the arrows!!!" Not so much the crossbow. I'd suggest the TruGlo Titanium broadheads; but there are quite a few that will penetrate well on hogs; and anything will kill a turkey.

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
You might want to look at the Northwoods Wholesale Outlet website as they often have a free case offered with the new bows coming out along with a decent price.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I would start with 6 cheap arrows that have a reputation for being fairly good factory fletched

Keep your practice to short yardage until you are comfortable shooting. Once you are comfortable then move back and begin refining your skill

Then begin to evaluate your setup if you want better arrows look at building them or buying from a shop that test, cull, spine and weight match them

The reason I said start cheap is you are likely going to break or loose a few while you are getting familiar with the bow

LOL! What Jerry didn't say, but I can, is if ya want the best arrows out there, (from what I hear a lot) get him to do up some of his legendary Tapps!!!!! I asked at my local shop if they do up custom arrows....by the looks on their faces,....I'm go'n with Jerry's!!!!

TruGlos on sale at Northwoods also! Too bad they can't throw some over the fence for me!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts