Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buddy invited me out for archery season so I dug up my old takedown recurve and realized I have neither the time nor the means to practice enough to hunt with it ethically anymore. He already switched to a crossbow, so I figured I’d give it a try. Got a KI Lethal 405 coming, changed my mind and going with the Sniper Elite 370 instead ... and going to order some rear-deploying mechanical broadheads and arrows. I like the specs on the BEE - open to suggestions.

·
Registered
13,225 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

Reactions: heldfast

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
You're on the right track. The BEEs are a nice update especially if they are .001 shafts. I prefer forward opening mechanicals in 3 blade vs 2 but as long as your choice is a head designed for crossbows you should be in good shape. The weight difference in the factory arrow vs the BEEs will alter your stock scope's hold-over reticle setup designed for the 370 gn arrows. You might consider a $80 Ravin speed compensating scope upgrade from Wyvern so you can dial in those BEEs.

Enjoy it and good luck!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Go you have a great option over vertical bows. I made the same decision 20 years ago when I got my Horton Legend SL. I still gave it for backup and took deer with it in 2018.

In 2000 I paid about $500 for the package including a case and scope.
It was 300 fps bow with 165 lbs of pull equipped with 6 aluminum arrows.

Now we have a huge selection of crossbow packages faster for fewer dollars. Some bows like KI bows have lifetime warranties.
All this because xbows are more popular in many more states because sportsmen love them.

I judge that as a improvement in quality of life. 🎯 🙂 (y)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had held off on the Sniper elite at Cabelas waiting to see if the Heat on eBay was going to come through - it didn't. So I ordered the Sniper from Cabelas this morning - tonight I get an email from them that they don't have any stock. SW won't ship an Amped to RI.
WTH ...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RI apparently has a law in effect banning crossbows from being shipped into the State.
I’m not sure of that; Cabelas was happy to ship it, just oversold their online inventory. Xbows are legal to own and hunt with here, just no place to buy them in state.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
RI apparently has a law in effect banning crossbows from being shipped into the State.
They must have a company that lobbys against to protect their market 🤔.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts