Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to crossbows and looking for my first one. I've shot compound reg bows and have an old 30# recurve that I've always been good with but I want to try a crossbow. One reason I'd like to switch to a crossbow is cuz the crook of my arm bows in weird and I've caught it sooooo many times. I have a leather arm guard but the string has even caught the edge of the arm guard - yeah, my arm bows in that much. So anyway, since I'm a female I thought I'd ask here what would be the best crossbow for me. I've eyed the Centerpoint Volt 300 as everything I've read says it's a good starter bow for women and youths. Since it shoots 300FPS it's still got a pretty good punch (I'm gonna start w/a wild turkey) and has a low draw weight of 130# and it comes w/a red dot scope plus it's pretty reasonable at around $189. I've found a used Barnett Jackal w/case, and scope (315FPS and 150# draw weight) for $180. I've been reading that the Volt 300 and it seems to be a pretty solid bow, but a bit noisy which but I like the looks of the Centerpoint and the fact that is has string dampeners seems like a good feature too for such an inexpensive bow. I've read DON'T get the Volt 300 - that the Jackal is better, but also the Volt 300 is best for youth and women so I'm torn. Any suggestions? Any feedback is appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts