Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the arrow and bolt thread spins like a never ending whirlpool, here’s something new we could probably argue about now.

Supposedly there’s 100 billion galaxies in the universe and possibly a 100 billion stars (aka suns) in each galaxy with many having planets orbiting around them. I find it extremely difficult to think we are alone in this universe.

The Wright Brothers flew the Wright Flyer in 1902, and 67 years later we put 2 men on the moon that walked around on it and then returned them home.

The universe is 14.5 billions years old supposedly, and Earth is 4 1/2 billions years, what would another life form be like if they were advanced a 1000 years or even more than we are today? I would think their technologies would be such that we could not even fathom - probably even more than Gene Roddenberry could have imagined. Supposedly we have numerous alien technologies that were invented shortly after the supposedly Roswell crash - if that really happened. They say these were reversed engineered from that crash.

When I watch the History, Discovery, and Science channels - there are places on Earth that just can’t be explained based on them being thousands of years old and with technologies that even our current construction experts can't figure out how they were built or how they could build them today.

Lots of people claim to have seen UFOs or been abducted - some of these can be explained, some can’t. I think governments all over the world have information that they’re not sharing. If there are aliens observing us they’ve got to be thinking what a bunch of idiots there are on this planet.:confused:

Reactions: JCAT

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My thought is I wonder what ET thinks about a ET post in the general crossbow forum which is supposed to be about anything crossbow related.

·
1,264 Posts
Since the arrow and bolt thread spins like a never ending whirlpool, here’s something new we could probably argue about now.

Supposedly there’s 100 billion galaxies in the universe and possibly a 100 billion stars (aka suns) in each galaxy with many having planets orbiting around them. I find it extremely difficult to think we are alone in this universe.

The Wright Brothers flew the Wright Flyer in 1902, and 67 years later we put 2 men on the moon that walked around on it and then returned them home.

The universe is 14.5 billions years old supposedly, and Earth is 4 1/2 billions years, what would another life form be like if they were advanced a 1000 years or even more than we are today? I would think their technologies would be such that we could not even fathom - probably even more than Gene Roddenberry could have imagined. Supposedly we have numerous alien technologies that were invented shortly after the supposedly Roswell crash - if that really happened. They say these were reversed engineered from that crash.

When I watch the History, Discovery, and Science channels - there are places on Earth that just can’t be explained based on them being thousands of years old and with technologies that even our current construction experts can't figure out how they were built or how they could build them today.

Lots of people claim to have seen UFOs or been abducted - some of these can be explained, some can’t. I think governments all over the world have information that they’re not sharing. If there are aliens observing us they’ve got to be thinking what a bunch of idiots there are on this planet.:confused:
If you do not believe in God, stop reading my post now. If you do believe, continue on.
AND, if you believe that God created the heavens and the Earth, you need to ask yourself (it's better to ask God though), why would HE create only one Earth? In scripture it says, "there are Worlds without number" (I'm paraphrasing). Also, as far as alien beings that may look like scary creatures in the movies, ask yourself again (again better to ask God) if there would be any such creatures? Scripture says that God created man in His own image. If that is true, (again ask God yourself), then God would look similar to us and then maybe people on other planets (other Earths or Worlds) would also be created in God's image as well. Now, if you believe in God as you are thinking about ancient technologies, couldn't it be possible that angels of the Lord had shown His Righteous followers on just how to do certain things? How do you think Adam learned how to create metal farming tools? Or knives to butcher animals to eat? Or where to find flint to create fire? Adam did not have any instruction manuals that were in a library full of knowledge. He would have to learn an awful lot REAL QUICK before him and Eve starved to death.
Something to ponder - ain't it?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I talked to GOD, now and again but he never answered. Found it fitting to leave well enough alone till my last breath. My wife thinks I’m crazy!😜

·
Registered
42 Posts
Being logical, I have come to believe the way Carl Sagan explained things. He didn't believe in extraterrestrials or UFO's. Our earth has existed for billions of years. Our sun has existed that amount of time, times a billion more. We know the sun is finite & when it gets near burn-out & starts to fluctuate & sputter nothing alive in out solar system will survive. Humanity will be gone if it's still around! Now think on a larger scale in terms of the universe itself. The time our solar system has existed is like a "snap of the fingers" relative to measuring time increments the universe deals in.

So here is Carl's explanation of things. The odd of any two sentient species evolving out of the primordial-oose in parallel & then develop along at the rate equal enough to actually contact each other is pretty much mathematically impossible.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Being logical, I have come to believe the way Carl Sagan explained things. He didn't believe in extraterrestrials or UFO's. Our earth has existed for billions of years. Our sun has existed that amount of time, times a billion more. We know the sun is finite & when it gets near burn-out & starts to fluctuate & sputter nothing alive in out solar system will survive. Humanity will be gone if it's still around! Now think on a larger scale in terms of the universe itself. The time our solar system has existed is like a "snap of the fingers" relative to measuring time increments the universe deals in.

So here is Carl's explanation of things. The odd of any two sentient species evolving out of the primordial-oose in parallel & then develop along at the rate equal enough to actually contact each other is pretty much mathematically impossible.
Making the impossible happen is where belief comes in.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts