Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new crossbow package this morning and sifting through it all. Time to read up and get to shooting.
Thanks to those who helped steer my decision to this selection and to those who participate in the forum sharing information, problems, reviews, etc..
Really looking forward to getting her all set up and shooting!!!
IMG_3749.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
She is a beauty, congrats and have fun!

Reactions: Regohio

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Great choice and congratulations!

Doing your homework is a great plan. The ACUslide system needs to be understood to operate it correctly so watch the videos on the TenPoint site and make sure you fully understand the cocking-decocking process.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats! You made an excellent choice IMO. Of course I am biased, but it's all good. LOL! Like most told you...read and understand the manual/TP videos. Don't be a dope like me and put the safety on after you fire it. Old rifle shooter habits die hard! Good luck with it. (y)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. First thing I did was go through the cocking/decocking process several times. Letting the slide down had me stumped for a little bit but figured it all out and shot a few through it yesterday. It's fast compared to what I'm used to!!! This weekend I'll shoot quite a bit and start dialing in the Evo X scope for speed ring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a pretty good start on her this morning. Had a couple of fubars cocking/decocking but that will be behind me soon as I get used to it. Love the Evo X scope so far and think I have speed dialed in pretty close.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes Sir...That Evo X scope is quite lovely IMO. MUCH MUCH better than the Rangemaster Pro mine came with. A $400 X-bow scope isn't in everyone's budget including mine, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I'm headed out tomorrow to finish dialing mine in for the season.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One week in with the new Viper and thoroughly impressed!! It takes a little time to get used to cocking/decocking as noted previously and well worth taking the time to familiarize oneself with it. Accuracy is exceptional.....bow is "quiet" for a xbow in my opinion....just the feel of it exudes quality and it's accuracy and ease of use builds confidence.

I've had two minor interactions with TenPoint customer service and had great experiences both times. One was just inquiring about the quiver insert.....they sent one no questions asked just to make sure I had the newest version. The other was simply one of the light sticks from my Alpha Brite nocks didn't work right. Again...no questions asked and they've got one in the mail.

Kudos to TenPoint and their Customer Service!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I ordered my Viper from Wyvern on March 5th. I have one of the first batch that Wyvern got in from Mogadore. I've fired well over 100 arrows out of it and it's the most accurate crossbow I've owned. My Horton Vortec is a close second but the Viper is just another level of quality, not taking anything away from the Vortec. It's awesome as well.

·
160 Posts
The Viper S400 is my Choice of CB’s for this Season. Received mine back in May & cannot tell You just how Phenomenal this Crossbow is. All the New Technology for 2020 makes this Crossbow superior in every way. Good Luck 🍀 this Season with Yours! Stay Safe.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Sounds like a great bow. Congrats and hope you get some deer with it this coming season.;):)

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Congratulations! Great crossbow! I had one set up for nightime hog last winter...that was cancelled.

And then I changed the set up for a spring bear hunt... that was cancelled.

Next I tested various arrow components out of the Viper for a moose hunt... that was cancelled.

I did manage to kill a few gobblers with the Viper.

I'm really looking forward to the fall seasons. Good luck with yours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts