Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Viper S400 and so far I like it...All except for the quiver! This thing just doesn't hold bolts well at all. For a $1600 XB I am a bit disappointed in the quiver and the fact TP doesn't provide string/cable wax or rail lube. The lack of a sling with the purchase doesn't bother me as much as not providing the necessities to start shooting/maintaining my new XB. Eh, I suppose that's just how it is anymore. SMH.

Has anyone come up with a solution for this quiver issue? Is there an after-market quiver that can be used to fit and work with the TP quick release hardware, because this thing is not going to work out in the woods. Losing my bolts while traversing the woods is simply not an option!

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
We probably have the same quiver and I actually prefer it to our Ravin's quiver (holds only 3 arrows) and our CP370's quiver (holds 4 arrows), as we shoot 6 arrows at a time.
We are target shooting now, not in the woods.
The side of the quiver that holds 4 arrows is secure but I can see how the side that holds 2 arrows might be a concern in the woods.
That side only has a little cup for the Field Tip, not a rubber insert/retainer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see the little holes on the sides, and I agree. Looks to be for field tips only, essentially making it a 4 arrow quiver for hunting. :cautious:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I would hope that you will never need 4 or more arrows while crossbow hunting. I have been crossbow hunting for a lot of years and have never had to shoot two arrows on a deer hunt but could have used two on a turkey hunt if I had wanted to kill two turkeys that day. I carry 3 in my quiver and one usually has a field point on it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would hope that you will never need 4 or more arrows while crossbow hunting.
I'm not talking about being a bad shot or anything. LOL! I'm talking about the need when you have extra doe permits in hand, Over lapping bear seasons in some WMU's, Coyotes roaming by the stand, etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I received in the mail yesterday, a new quiver gripper and installation instructions from TenPoint. I never requested this improved gripper, the company just sent it to me with a nice note. I'm guessing all warranty registered owners will be receiving the gripper. Glad I bought a Viper, and am even more pleased with TenPoint customer service.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I feel your pain buddy. I contacted customer support back in April about the issue and was told there would be a new gripper sent out by Rolenz, haven’t gotten anything yet. It seems the one that came with my Vapor was made for a smaller diameter arrow. It simply won’t t work with the Evo-x as is. Definitely do not trust it for woods use.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am assuming that my quiver that came with the Vapor RS470 has the same issue? I have not used it or tried it as of yet but have registered it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought a Bohning quiver for my viper that has the dual grippers so there is no foam or rubber that you are shoving the broadheads into. Cheap and effective. Holds 4 arrows, 3 more than I should need while deer hunting.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts