Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Great review but.....this bow is soon to be turned into "next years best bow" soon...... I feel like the current date will be pushed even farther down the road.... will see
Come on Wap, you are supposed to be the funny, upbeat one! This post is just depressing to even think about... 😔

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I hear you I hear you it's just hard to watch all these prestigious men playing with this X1 and having all kinds of fun while all I can do is sit here with my mouth watering

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

·
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I hear you I hear you it's just hard to watch all these prestigious men playing with this X1 and having all kinds of fun while all I can do is sit here with my mouth watering

“ all these prestigious men” doesn‘t fit one of us. With no apology, no excuse and no regrets, I have hyper focused ADHD which has served me well throughout life, particularly in the USAF. You all just have to endure this in me here on this board, or put me on your “ignore” list.
4 years ago, I PM’d Oldflyer concerning his board name. Turned out, I’m actually an older Oldflyer than he is. I bought one of his crossbows without any real expectation that it would come close to my 4 Excaliburs. It was small, light, faster than the Excaliburs (2-M405s, BD400 & M380) and even more accurate. I’m hyper focused on extreme accuracy. Simplicity, longevity and reliability are all close seconds to accuracy.
I found no functional fault with the SWAT.
When I actually got a pre-production XP, I realized problems existed. Big ones! I’m just a serious hunter and shooter. Design and some quality control problems existed. I reached out to those who had knowledge and skills. They ended up saving the day along with Jason and his team. Don and Brian have done the same this year. My roll has been introducing the X1 to dealers, working on arrow design and seeing what will make the S&Cs last the longest. Also, to do that initial video and a video (101 yards…) to show how these high foc and small vaned arrows can perform not only accuracy-wise but in extreme wind. Try shooting like that with an EvoX arrow and a “470” ‘/sec 10-PT!
So, have we had any bumps in the road. Absolutely! But, we’ve worked through them and things are going well. Optimal S&Cs will be coming out initially, zero limb problems, arrow design that is cookbook easy for optimal performance. Note: no testing yet on AAE hybrids and expandible bh’s.
I love the little X1 - excels in every catagory except speed. And, it’s plenty fast and is so easily hand cockable.
This bow is getting more of the attention it deserves. Jeff Anderson is getting closer to being recognized for the brilliant innovator he is. Come on X25 !!

·
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I agree with everything you just said Steve but don't you get it now I feel worse. because of all the accolades you're giving and I can't enjoy one of them

Randy, 4 years ago when I started my unbridled accolades of the SWAT crossbow, those accolades were naturally met with a high level of skepticism. The unpopular swing arms, coming from a traditionally “cheap” foreign manufacturing company, the strange names (Killer Instinct, SWAT) all combined to indicate cheap, low quality and very questionable reliability.
Now, that more balanced, level headed , well respected members are acknowledging the virtues of the SWAT concept, especially, the X1, I feel vindicated. And Jeff will have a choice where he can go to the bathroom.

My wife and I waited until we were married, 53 years ago. Well worth the wait! So is the X1! Don’t compromise.

·
2,426 Posts

Randy, if one were to take this seriously, you'd quickly see that it is more work than fun. We are all busy people and have to fit this into our lives. We are stressed to get it right and while it isn't nitpicking, you want to make sure that no stone is left unturned. Jason at KI is a truly wonderful person to work with. He always considers what we have to say and he's available seemingly 24/7. I know Brian, Steve and myself talk and throw around ideas. One of us will toss a message at Jason at night and he will answer it. It is very encouraging! By contrast, I've been told by another manufacturer that "we will pick off where we left off" on a Friday afternoon. We are all doing our best but the chain that goes from KI to the Pacific rim and back to NA has a whole lot of links and there is more than one link broken. Believe it or not, there are pirates to deal with. This is not a KI issue, it is world wide and much behind the scenes. You guys see more with KI because of their relationship with the public unlike all other manufacturers. Think about it.
Now i have to spend 2 hrs on my 2 Belgian Malinois, get some weeding done and plan on getting to nuke 5 to 8 acres of food plot.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Randy, if one were to take this seriously, you'd quickly see that it is more work than fun. We are all busy people and have to fit this into our lives. We are stressed to get it right and while it isn't nitpicking, you want to make sure that no stone is left unturned. Jason at KI is a truly wonderful person to work with. He always considers what we have to say and he's available seemingly 24/7. I know Brian, Steve and myself talk and throw around ideas. One of us will toss a message at Jason at night and he will answer it. It is very encouraging! By contrast, I've been told by another manufacturer that "we will pick off where we left off" on a Friday afternoon. We are all doing our best but the chain that goes from KI to the Pacific rim and back to NA has a whole lot of links and there is more than one link broken. Believe it or not, there are pirates to deal with. This is not a KI issue, it is world wide and much behind the scenes. You guys see more with KI because of their relationship with the public unlike all other manufacturers. Think about it.
Now i have to spend 2 hrs on my 2 Belgian Malinois, get some weeding done and plan on getting to nuke 5 to 8 acres of food plot.
I absolutely agree about Jason. That man has been a true blessing to me. He is a great person. An example and I have posted this one here before but will again lol... I noticed my cables stretching around the loops and sent him a picture and a text from my treestand on a Saturday morning. Didnt expect an answer till Monday. Got a call from him less than 2 hrs later and had the latest string and cables at my house Monday. That is a company that will get my buisiness over and over again. There are many more reasons I think so highly of Jason and KI but this is just an example. Great person! 👍

·
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don,
Are you really mad enough at that 5-8 acres that you’d actually “nuke” it? Maybe we have different definitions. In my previous occupation, “nuking” something was a last resort.

·
2,426 Posts
[
Don,
Are you really mad enough at that 5-8 acres that you’d actually “nuke” it? Maybe we have different definitions. In my previous occupation, “nuking” something was a last resort.
Sorry, it’s what I call it when I use roundup. Pretty much looks like a wasteland except for the beans when I apply at 150 ml per gallon.

·
2,426 Posts
Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
582 Posts
This weekend was the second leg of the IBO Triple crown. I did a pretty good weekend with the X-1. I shot even with a decent x count to make up for the 8’s that I shot. The X-1 was flawless. A big thanks to KI for getting me this accurate bow! I am going to keep digging, and getting better.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
593 Posts
This weekend was the second leg of the IBO Triple crown. I did a pretty good weekend with the X-1. I shot even with a decent x count to make up for the 8’s that I shot. The X-1 was flawless. A big thanks to KI for getting me this accurate bow! I am going to keep digging, and getting better.

View attachment 199877
Good job Brian.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts