Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I'm new to Xbows and am an OLD TX boy. Bought a BAR 78095 Droptine STR and believe it's an outdated production. Anyone have some info., suggestions, details and will appreciate helpful info.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Hi all...I'm new to Xbows and am an OLD TX boy. Bought a BAR 78095 Droptine STR and believe it's an outdated production. Anyone have some info., suggestions, details and will appreciate helpful info.
Greetings;
Here is some basic information:
Draw weight 155 pound.
380 feet per second using a 380 grain arrow-point combination. This is with a well tuned bow. For every 10 grains over, one loses approximately 3 feet per second.
Power stroke 15.75 This is measured in the uncocked position from the bow string to the latch where the bowstring resides when the crossbow is cocked.
Axle to axle: Uncocked 20" Cocked 16" I would check this as some of Barnett's information was false. The axle to axle measurement is just a guide line when tuning the crossbow or replacing the string and or string and cable. A good string and cable up grade is from 60Xcustomstrings.com Very high quality product with excellent customer service. 15% discount until May 27 th. for Memorial weekend.

Any tuning, the crossbow will need to be put in a press.

Cam timing: with the crossbow in the uncocked position, look down from above where a cable crossed the cam. Look at the other cam. If the cams are in time these reference points should match. Do the same in the cocked position. The reference points will be in a different area but they should match. If the cams are out of time or in time but not shooting the proper speed, add 1/2 or full twists to the single loop end of the cable that goes on to the lobe of the cam to bring the lagging cam into time. To advance the cams, add equal 1/2 or full twists to the single loop end of the cable that goes onto the lobe of the cam.

Cam leveling: in the uncocked position, block the crossbow level. Put a level on each cam, 90 degrees to the arrow groove (rail-stock). If a cam tilts upward, add 1/2 or full twists to the upper "Y" section of the cable (the end that goes on the axle pulley). If the cam tilts down, add 1/2 or full twists to the lower "Y" section of the cable that goes on to the axle pulley.

A good lubricant is the Trident Silicone Grease available on the internet in a two fluid ounce jar. Lightly lube the bowstring and cables and the rail. A wee bit goes a long ways. This is a high quality product that does not dry out or gum up, but stays moist. Where the cables crossing the "J" section of the rail-stock, lube that area well on assembly as the only way lubrication can be brought into that area is cocking and shooting the crossbow. I use a small hobby brush to apply the lubricant.

Trident Silicone Grease.jpg

Scope set up: you may or may not want to up grade to a better quality. Block the crossbow level. Hang a weight 10 to 15 yards in front of the crossbow. Looking through the scope the vertical line should match the vertical line of the hanging weight.

Installing an offset level bubble on the scope or one behind it, a quick glance will show if one is tilting or canting the crossbow. A slight tilt or cant, one will miss the point of aim and this increases the farther one shoots.

Arrows: what ever arrows and points you plan to shoot, sight in with those. Some broad heads will hit the same point of aim as field points but others will not.

All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
br, TNX for the reply. As the Xbow is still in the box, I know it'll take me a while to absorb all this info. and TRY to apply same. Have read numerous of U'r post and am awed at the info. U share. I have a son who is into compound bows so maybe he'll be able to assist with this info.

Greetings;
Here is some basic information:
Draw weight 155 pound.
380 feet per second using a 380 grain arrow-point combination. This is with a well tuned bow. For every 10 grains over, one loses approximately 3 feet per second.
Power stroke 15.75 This is measured in the uncocked position from the bow string to the latch where the bowstring resides when the crossbow is cocked.
Axle to axle: Uncocked 20" Cocked 16" I would check this as some of Barnett's information was false. The axle to axle measurement is just a guide line when tuning the crossbow or replacing the string and or string and cable. A good string and cable up grade is from 60Xcustomstrings.com Very high quality product with excellent customer service. 15% discount until May 27 th. for Memorial weekend.

Any tuning, the crossbow will need to be put in a press.

Cam timing: with the crossbow in the uncocked position, look down from above where a cable crossed the cam. Look at the other cam. If the cams are in time these reference points should match. Do the same in the cocked position. The reference points will be in a different area but they should match. If the cams are out of time or in time but not shooting the proper speed, add 1/2 or full twists to the single loop end of the cable that goes on to the lobe of the cam to bring the lagging cam into time. To advance the cams, add equal 1/2 or full twists to the single loop end of the cable that goes onto the lobe of the cam.

Cam leveling: in the uncocked position, block the crossbow level. Put a level on each cam, 90 degrees to the arrow groove (rail-stock). If a cam tilts upward, add 1/2 or full twists to the upper "Y" section of the cable (the end that goes on the axle pulley). If the cam tilts down, add 1/2 or full twists to the lower "Y" section of the cable that goes on to the axle pulley.

A good lubricant is the Trident Silicone Grease available on the internet in a two fluid ounce jar. Lightly lube the bowstring and cables and the rail. A wee bit goes a long ways. This is a high quality product that does not dry out or gum up, but stays moist. Where the cables crossing the "J" section of the rail-stock, lube that area well on assembly as the only way lubrication can be brought into that area is cocking and shooting the crossbow. I use a small hobby brush to apply the lubricant.

View attachment 176960

Scope set up: you may or may not want to up grade to a better quality. Block the crossbow level. Hang a weight 10 to 15 yards in front of the crossbow. Looking through the scope the vertical line should match the vertical line of the hanging weight.

Installing an offset level bubble on the scope or one behind it, a quick glance will show if one is tilting or canting the crossbow. A slight tilt or cant, one will miss the point of aim and this increases the farther one shoots.

Arrows: what ever arrows and points you plan to shoot, sight in with those. Some broad heads will hit the same point of aim as field points but others will not.

All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
Welcome to the boards and welcome to crossbows.;):)

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
You are in the right place. Stick with your energy and ask questions. People will be glad to share their knowledge. Welcome to CBN.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts