Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll,
I'm a longtime deer/turkey hunter from SC and I'm excited about our new opportunities here is the Palmetto State. Xbows are now legal archery and I have already purchased a Horton Explorer 150 as my first of hopefully many xbows. Of course now I have to find someplace to put new weapons--

Question about setup for those Horton Exp 150 folks. What broadheads fly best out of this setup. All the research fix blade wise seems to point to Slicktrick 100's? Any advice will be welcome!

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Blue-darter said:
Hey Ya'll,
I'm a longtime deer/turkey hunter from SC and I'm excited about our new opportunities here is the Palmetto State. Xbows are now legal archery and I have already purchased a Horton Explorer 150 as my first of hopefully many xbows. Of course now I have to find someplace to put new weapons--

Question about setup for those Horton Exp 150 folks. What broadheads fly best out of this setup. All the research fix blade wise seems to point to Slicktrick 100's? Any advice will be welcome!
Welcome! Some of my clients live in SC and just had a visit here. We went to the hunting awards banquet and then Bow fishing for an evening! I think the 100gr are perfect for a 150lb crossbow. Jump on in the forum! Welcome again.

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for the warm welcome!
Even though my setup already comes with a 3 dot horton scope (been hearing not so many good things about them--what do ya'll think?) I went ahead and got in on what looked like a decent deal on a 4x32 Barnett scope off ebay (new for $39.00). I also got a string cocker.

I'm gonna order a half dozen of the slicktricks and try them out. Also, which arrows are best? Would you suggest aluminum or carbon--any certain brand? Do they come standard with the inserts and what about the nocking? Does flat or half moon make a difference? Sorry so many questions but as you can tell, I'm geared to go!

·
821 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

·
665 Posts
glad to see you joined

·
342 Posts
Welcome aboard!:D

·
512 Posts
Welcome BlueDarter, you'll learn a lot about XB's here. I to have just purchased a Horton Explorer 150. I really like it. And the Multi-Dot scope suits me fine. I can put arrows in a 2'' circle at 20 yards all day long without really trying. The 2219 aluminum arrows that came with my bow seem to be very accurate but I prefer the Horton Carbon Strike MX HP's that I bought. There matched weight for consistency. Try different ones and see what works best for you. As for broadheads, I just got some new ''Rage'' 2 blade with 2'' cut. I tried the practice head that comes with them and it shot just like a field tip. From all reports I've seen there quite devistating. We'll see.
Good Luck with that Explorer bud. And again, it's nice to have you here. Keep posting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts