Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings CB Nation

Well, I'm new on this forum and Combo CB's but old on Recurves. What brought me here is the Barnett forum with a lot of interesting questions and factoids by the members. A lot of places you go folks are bad mouthing one manufacturer or another but offer little constructive opinion. That being said I live south of Ocala and North of Tampa. I own a Barnett Assault 350 I just purchased a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to hearing and learning something new from yall.

Aim Small Miss Small

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome aboard AsMs! Personally, I am NOT a fan of Barnett and I have my reasons. Others have had decent luck with them, just nobody I happen to know. Good luck going forward.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard AsMs! Personally, I am NOT a fan of Barnett and I have my reasons. Others have had decent luck with them, just nobody I happen to know. Good luck going forward.
Well now you do, thanks glad to be here.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I own a Barnett Assault 350 I just purchased a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to hearing and learning something new from yall.
Welcome to the Nation and your profoundly purchased Barnett. Some will agree and some not. My 10 y.o. Wildcat C5 has served me well. Put down a half dozen garden-raiders last season. I've never needed a backup bow. Never needed a second shot. My great honor and privilege to award you your first "Like".😁

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the like. I'm still having a hard time navigating the CBN so it took me a little while to get back at ya. I'm still fine tuning my Assault 350 had to dump the sight that came with it and got a Killer Instinct Lumix Speedring, damn good investment. I'm hitting a quarter size group at 30ys. The Wildcat C5 is an oldie but a goodie. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'm hitting a quarter size group at 30ys.
Please tell me that those quarter spots are at least 4" apart. I'd hate to hear that you "robin-hooded" a perfectly good arrow before you ever got a shot at a deer.:eek::mad::p😁
Seriously, good shootin' for 30 yards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Neebor took pictures because he couldn't believe it either. He is a combo bow hunter and we were plunking in the yard, nothing better to do.
image000000 (1).jpg image000000 (2).jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mostly private at the moment.I have alot of family in southern Al. with land.Not alot of good WMA around me,to pressured.
I do the Richloam, Baird and Green Swamp down here this is my first year with the CB. The thing is to go where others don't. If an area looks too wet or brushed in to go into that's where I go. A lot of folks drive in, park and hunt a hundred or so yards from their vehicle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I do the Richloam, Baird and Green Swamp down here this is my first year with the CB. The thing is to go where others don't. If an area looks too wet or brushed in to go into that's where I go. A lot of folks drive in, park and hunt a hundred or so yards from their vehicle.
I can understand that.The problem up here is way more hunters than we have woods for,with me having options to hunt private it doesnt bother me so much.I live right across the road from a small hunting club and i see the pressure they get,all the deer are in my back yard during seaon. lol Smart deer,they know i wont shoot them on the property,i feel like im cheating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts