Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Everyone.
This forum convinced me to purchase a R10 as my first crossbow. So far I'm very impressed with the fit and finish as well as performance. When sighting it in I followed the instructions and sighted in at 50. Back at 20, with the speed dial at 400fps, I was in the bull as well so I figured I should be on all the way out to 100. I was high by 8" at 70 and all the way to 100 I was high. I moved the speed dial up a little past 400 and it improved a little. Is it possible this rig is shooting above 400 fps or am I missing something? Unfortunately I do not have access to a chronograph so I will be using the old trial and error method. Using 100g point for arrow weight of 400g.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Greetings Everyone.
This forum convinced me to purchase a R10 as my first crossbow. So far I'm very impressed with the fit and finish as well as performance. When sighting it in I followed the instructions and sighted in at 50. Back at 20, with the speed dial at 400fps, I was in the bull as well so I figured I should be on all the way out to 100. I was high by 8" at 70 and all the way to 100 I was high. I moved the speed dial up a little past 400 and it improved a little. Is it possible this rig is shooting above 400 fps or am I missing something? Unfortunately I do not have access to a chronograph so I will be using the old trial and error method. Using 100g point for arrow weight of 400g.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Most of the R 10's shoot around 415. Turn it up till you are on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome aboard!! I believe my R10 was at 416 out of the box with 400gr arrow. My scope speed ring is set at 420.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine chronographed at 416 fps on one and 415 fps on the second. My speed ring is set for approx. 415 and is accurate out to 85 yards which is the farthest I have shot it so far.
Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't have your bow or sighting system. But wanted to say "Welcome to the Ravin forum". Pull up a log, and have a sit by the campfire. And warm your bones. Lots of good folk and info in here.

Reactions: Moon and bigbird1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts