Crossbow Nation banner

Newby from Maryland

1K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  Oday450 
#1 ·
New to crossbow hunting although I have hunted for many years including a few years with a vertical bow. Took the first deer this past season. Current using TenPoint Turbo M1 andTenPoint Titan SS bows, Wyvern Dragon Claw arrows, and Rage and VPA 3 blade broadheads. Much to learn about details, mechanics, maintenance, etc. Have lurked for a couple of months, learned a lot, and am very appreciative of all of the knowledge being shared. I look forward to learning more and sharing future events and successes with the group,

#6 ·
Welcome from NE Arkansas!

#22 · (Edited)
Happy to do,so.

Was in a tree stand overlooking a grass field where I had taken two doe for the freezer during rifle season. late in the AM after most had left for the mid day, a big bodied 8 pointer came downhill from my left moving slowly down a path to water at the bottom of the hill. As he paused 25 yards away, I hit him so that the pass through was a high heart/lung hit. He ran @ 75 yards and jumped an old rock fence bordering thick woods. I marked the location and found him dead where he landed just over the fence. The butcher estimated 180 ponds on the hoof.
Elk Deer Natural environment Wood Organism

#36 ·
None! As you would expect. All had gone into town for lunch or home for a nap.

I field dressed the buck and called my neighbor/friend who owns the farm He came out and we loaded it into the UTV. Biggest challenge was getting the UTV through the brush, around the fence, and down to the deer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.