Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys who are shooting optimizer or bdx setups on the newer tenpoints with the newer scope rails. The rail seems pretty flimsy anyone having accuracy issues. Seems the heavy scopes could flex the rail. With all that shock you would think it could flex up and down on the shot and cause accuracy issues.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Guys who are shooting optimizer or bdx setups on the newer tenpoints with the newer scope rails. The rail seems pretty flimsy anyone having accuracy issues. Seems the heavy scopes could flex the rail. With all that shock you would think it could flex up and down on the shot and cause accuracy issues.
I have not had any issues with rail stability. What I did have was incorrect eye relief. The raiI is too short for me. I had to put on a set of 2 inch ring extensions and mount the scope as far forward as it can be. Now I can mount the bow, set my cheek on the stock properly with full view through the eye piece.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I have not had any issues with rail stability. What I did have was incorrect eye relief. The raiI is too short for me. I had to put on a set of 2 inch ring extensions and mount the scope as far forward as it can be. Now I can mount the bow, set my cheek on the stock properly with full view through the eye piece.
Hello Aqua1234.

I have the SigSauer Sierra3 scope mounted as far forward as possible on the stock scope rail as well.
I have to rest my cheek as far back as possible on the stock to get a good view through the scope.

If/when you have a chance, if you don't mind, would you be able to post a pic of your setup?
Maybe even a link to the "ring extensions" that worked for you, too?

Any help/ideas appreciated.
Cheers,
dynamo61

Reactions: USAF Ret in Wis

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I don't think the shock/recoil comes until after the arrow has completely left the shooting rail.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder why the sig needs shimmed so much does it not a lot of internal elevation adjustment
I don't think the shock/recoil comes until after the arrow has completely left the shooting rail.
Just wasnt sure it would return to where it was or if that could hurt the scope.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Wonder why the sig needs shimmed so much does it not a lot of internal elevation adjustment ?
There is plenty of elevation adjustment.
These modifications are for eye-relief changes

I had to use an extended rail for the Sig, as well as get the Burris Signature Zee high rings and shim +20

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks Hunter1979.
I believe that a forum Member and TenPoint Crossbows Employee stated somewhere in the forums that the above configuration was not advised.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That was probably on my post. The original rail was a smaller extension that sat at the end causing the Tenpoint rail to flex downward. This rail mounts further back on the stock rail taking the pressure off the front of the rail.
I asked Randy about this rail vs a 2" offset scope mount and he said this would be better because the mounting point was further back.

Also, as far as the shims go, with the shims I was about 12 clicks from running out of adjustment. I would definitely use them.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
That was probably on my post. The original rail was a smaller extension that sat at the end causing the Tenpoint rail to flex downward. This rail mounts further back on the stock rail taking the pressure off the front of the rail.
I asked Randy about this rail vs a 2" offset scope mount and he said this would be better because the mounting point was further back.

Also, as far as the shims go, with the shims I was about 12 clicks from running out of adjustment. I would definitely use them.

Good morning Hunter1979, great info. thank you for clarifying. (y)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Did you use burris signature with +20 up front? Also did you try shooting say 50 to see if its same hole accuracy?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you use burris signature with +20 up front? Also did you try shooting say 50 to see if its same hole accuracy?
I used the signature zee. On the front of the scope I shimmed +10 on bottom, -10 on top. At the back of the scope I shimmed -10 bottom, +10 on top. This should be a +20 adjustment.

Yes. Accuracy is great to 80yds. I was using a bogpod death grip, but still got great results.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Appreciate the help. Do you have any serving or cable wear.
Speaking for our Vapor RS470, we have a little bit of "fuzz" on the Cam strings that are not served.
I do not think it is an issue but wil ask TenPoint soon.

We are lubricating everything more often now, every 10 to 15 shots instead of 20 shots.
We have probably 500 shots or so through he xbow by now.
Other than that, no wear on the serving or cable.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello Aqua1234.

I have the SigSauer Sierra3 scope mounted as far forward as possible on the stock scope rail as well.
I have to rest my cheek as far back as possible on the stock to get a good view through the scope.

If/when you have a chance, if you don't mind, would you be able to post a pic of your setup?
Maybe even a link to the "ring extensions" that worked for you, too?

Any help/ideas appreciated.
Cheers,
dynamo61
I don't have a picture of my scope set up due to it being returned to Sig for a warranty issue. Below you will see the information on the Hawke 2 inch extension rings that worked fine on the existing Tenpoint rail. I had to mount it as far forward as possible to the stock rail and that worked for me.

Hawke Extension Rings.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I don't have a picture of my scope set up due to it being returned to Sig for a warranty issue. Below you will see the information on the Hawke 2 inch extension rings that worked fine on the existing Tenpoint rail. I had to mount it as far forward as possible to the stock rail and that worked for me.

View attachment 184658
Awesome, thanks for the info Aqua12345.

Reactions: Aqua12345

·
Registered
83 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info Aqua12345.
I received my BXD unit back from Sig and mounted her up. Here is a picture of what the two inch extension on the stock rail looks like, it still maintains the 2.75 inches off the flight rail. This eye relief set up works for me. Also as brought up before, the scope rail is aluminum and if forced on it will flex to a degree. I have not had a chance to field test the scopes POI as set up but all things equal but for the extension, I hope to be right in the ballpark from where I was at prior.
IMG-0727 (1).jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts