Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When's the next big post Memorial Day sale for outfitters stores? I'm shopping for an entry level range finder.
Already used funds set aside for daddy in the family budget for this month and can't purchase until next month earliest.
Any recommendations for a budget range finder? Will use next deer season with xbow.
Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
15,334 Posts
Back when I was looking to buy I found a good used Nikon on craigslist so while trying to jew him down on the price he recommended if I wanted to send less I should look at the redfield range finders. Said he had a couple buddies that used them and was very pleased. That guy was trying to get funds up for a hunt out west. After a day or two with no better offers he wrote me back an took mine. Been using my Nikon since 2012 and no problems.

·
Crazy Ol' Foole
2,795 Posts
Back when I was looking to buy I found a good used Nikon on craigslist so while trying to jew him down on the price he recommended if I wanted to send less I should look at the redfield range finders. Said he had a couple buddies that used them and was very pleased. That guy was trying to get funds up for a hunt out west. After a day or two with no better offers he wrote me back an took mine. Been using my Nikon since 2012 and no problems.
It's a good time to buy used equipment. Let the other guy take the depreciation hit. Look for a good one, and be willing to spend a little bit more for a lot better unit.
I just bought another Athlon Talos 4-14x44 FFP that's LNIB for a fair amount less than a new one, and with their warranty I'm not the least concerned.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I have a Simmons Lrf 600.Got it for about $100 and Walmart. Very easy on batteries 9 volt and has always worked great.Not the easiest to see in low light but has always been good enough for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a leupold 650 I paid 200 for 12 yrs ago and it’s still working great and have never changed the battery! Tons of 3D shoots and hunting in my verticals days! Works awesome for the money

·
Registered
29 Posts
I picked up a Sig Kilo 850 last year on sale for $130. It's my first range finger and so far i really like it. it'll range from 5 yards to 1,200 yards on reflective targets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts