Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11,556 Posts
I don't think so:)

For 3D shoots we shoot standing up off hand. That, IMO, is one reason vertical bow shooters do better normally. Standing at full draw with a vertical bow (resistance of push/pull) seems to assist in holding steady as compared to shooting a crossbow with only downward force (weight) of the crossbow tugging at the shooter. I know I could shoot my Bowtech Allegiance slightly more accurate than with any crossbow I have if standing up with the crossbow. Now sitting down with my left elbow resting on my thigh or side is a different story:p

·
156 Posts
the crossbows used are more of the target models then hunting ones, the one I picked up was around 18lbs and follow the NAA crossbow rules for equipment

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yes crossbows shoot freehand. Current NFAA Indoor record at the Nationals is 600 with 115 spots I believe.
But scopes are not allowed.
NFAA Crossbows are a different breed by the rules. Even outdoors we are limited to 95 lbs. no scopes and a very short power stroke. Most NFAA bows bows will barely reach 200fps. So 3-d is a little tricky. I shoot NFAA events frequently, if I can be of help let me know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts