Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a new Xbow I have a Nikon Bolt on the Xbow I have, the viper Xbow is the one that I think I will be getting and it comes with the RangeMaster pro is the Nikon Bolt a better scope for hunting?

·
Registered
15,589 Posts
I never had a RangeMaster but I do have a Bolt. Crystal clear, holds light well, and I'm very used to the small circles. I do like my Bolt. Great warranty too.;)

Reactions: Shootanae

·
Registered
16,638 Posts
I for one have never understood what everyone sees in the Nikon Bolt for any newer crossbow. The Bolt was made for fixed speed crossbows shooting around 305 FPS with no speed dial to adjust for longer speeds thus making you to have to remember that you are sighted in at 20 yards , 2nd hash is at 33, 3rd is at 46, 4th is at 51, etc. and if you put it on another bow at a different speed it all changes again.
I find it much easier to use a good speed dial scope where my marks all line up at 20-30-40-50, etc.

Maybe it is just me?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have a Nikon Bolt on my old cheap Barnett. The scope is the best thing about it. I really like the scope and it shoots slow enough that the yardages are almost perfect. As Robert says, I am not sure I will love it as much when I upgrade to a much faster bow. I have no experience with a Rangemaster.....I am hoping I can use a single aiming point out to 40 yds on my next bow....

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I am going to get a new Xbow I have a Nikon Bolt on the Xbow I have, the viper Xbow is the one that I think I will be getting and it comes with the RangeMaster pro is the Nikon Bolt a better scope for hunting?
I don't think they're even in the same ballpark. The Rangemaster is a better scope hands down....

Reactions: Tenpointguy

·
Registered
Sonoran Desert Arizona.
1,128 Posts
After waiting for the new 2020 scopes to come out I was disappointed that someone did not come out with a higher quality scope with a speed dial.I HEARD GARMIN IS WORKING ON A RANGEFIDING Scope. I would be interested in opinions on what is the best scope out there today with a speed dial. Clear when focused and good light drawing ability in low light. Thanks

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
After waiting for the new 2020 scopes to come out I was disappointed that someone did not come out with a higher quality scope with a speed dial.I HEARD GARMIN IS WORKING ON A RANGEFIDING Scope. I would be interested in opinions on what is the best scope out there today with a speed dial. Clear when focused and good light drawing ability in low light. Thanks
Tenpoint Evo-X Marksman scope is very clear, a very good crossbow scope.

·
Registered
15,589 Posts
My Nikon worked out GREAT on yardages for my old Vortex crossbow that shoots around 315 fps. It's set for 25, 35, and 45 yards. I don't shoot farther than that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.