Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I zero 20 then 35 47 60 onky setup 3 truing points on Burris so far will setup another At 75 when I have the time. But I will shoot it at 40 with 20 yard aiming point for you if I think of it.
7 / 1 MOA clicks on my xbr per every 10 yrds shooting a 400 grain arrow at 500 fps sighted in with a 30 yrd zero. 40 yrds would be roughly around a 2" drop from 30yrds. 50 from 40 yard sight it will be 3 1/2" drop and so on.

20 to 30 yrds 1.4".

They are close to what youll see I believe. Some where around 4" I would think from 20 to 40 depending on the arrows.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
With an 8 inch kill zone, it should work.
I dont know about anyone else but in archery I dont play those cards. The animal is what suffers. I want as much of an exact POI as possible. An inch can make a difference especially with archery gear. Id never shoot at a critter knowing my poi could be 4" off let alone 8". No way!!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just talking about maximum point blank range, without rising above the line of sight or dropping below line of sight more then 4 inches. Its flat shooting and will be lethal for a ways. One inch is one thing but in the real world of hunting 4 inches either way is lethal.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Just talking about maximum point blank range, without rising above the line of sight or dropping below line of sight more then 4 inches. Its flat shooting and will be lethal for a ways. One inch is one thing but in the real world of hunting 4 inches either way is lethal.
It is only if the shot is right. 4" is a lot to take a gamble on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It is only if the shot is right. 4" is a lot to take a gamble on.
My R29X is shooting 412fps with a 509 gr arrow. I use a Vortex Strike eagle scope with no jackplate, zeroed at 30 yds and im dead on from 10 yds out to 35 yds. at 40 its a 3 1/2 drop. I get my 505 today and plan on using one crosshair out to 40 yds, should work I will keep you posted. I wont shoot a deer past 40 yds and most likely not past 35, I have never lost a deer and God willing i never will. Not a fan of risky shots.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am guessing this xbow will perform very well and shoot very flat out to 45-47 yards if zeroed at 40 yards.
My R29X is shooting 412fps with a 509 gr arrow. I use a Vortex Strike eagle scope with no jackplate, zeroed at 30 yds and im dead on from 10 yds out to 35 yds. at 40 its a 3 1/2 drop. I get my 505 today and plan on using one crosshair out to 40 yds, should work I will keep you posted. I wont shoot a deer past 40 yds and most likely not past 35, I have never lost a deer and God willing i never will. Not a fan of risky shots.
UPDATE
Sighted in the 505 using evo x center punch arrows with a 125 gr. head, total weight on my scale is 482 probably 480 is real number? Zero it in a 35 yds and I’m good from 15 to 40 yds. It is a 3 1/2 “ drop at 50. I’m using one crosshair for all shots. I won’t shoot an animal at 50. Chronograph shows 482fps, funny how it matched the arrow weight. Will be easy to remember. Had to remove some inserts and rotate the nocks, three arrows were shooting about 4” off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
UPDATE
Sighted in the 505 using evo x center punch arrows with a 125 gr. head, total weight on my scale is 482 probably 480 is real number? Zero it in a 35 yds and I’m good from 15 to 40 yds. It is a 3 1/2 “ drop at 50. I’m using one crosshair for all shots. I won’t shoot an animal at 50. Chronograph shows 482fps, funny how it matched the arrow weight. Will be easy to remember. Had to remove some inserts and rotate the nocks, three arrows were shooting about 4” off.
Are you saying that after you rotated your nocks they where shooting the same as your other arrows?

·
Registered
124 Posts
TP might be using some sort of hot melt glue on the nock inserts. They come out pretty easy with a 1/8 rod through the tip insert. Also the nock and insert together weigh 30gr. Just an FYI

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Put another 30 shots on it today. Calling it quits until I get a new target. Shooting through my Extreme 500 and 8” onto the rhinehart behind it. Just the yellow nock hanging out the front of the Extreme 500. This isn’t everytime but happening quite a bit. The bow itself is holding up well. Attached a photo of the center serving after 55 shots. Looking pretty good IMO much better then I was expecting. Now to refletch some arrows lol.
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
14 Posts
Put another 30 shots on it today. Calling it quits until I get a new target. Shooting through my Extreme 500 and 8” onto the rhinehart behind it. Just the yellow nock hanging out the front of the Extreme 500. This isn’t everytime but happening quite a bit. The bow itself is holding up well. Attached a photo of the center serving after 55 shots. Looking pretty good IMO much better then I was expecting. Now to refletch some arrows lol. View attachment 215500
So WWB, what distance are you shooting the Nitro 505 from that it is going completely through the target? The reason I ask is because I have ordered that same target in anticipation of ordering the Nitro 505 in the very near future versus the Ravin 500 which I have already canceled from Wyvern. I figure the target that I would receive with the TP Nitro 505 package from Wyvern at best is only rated for 450 fps.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
60 yards… the target isn’t new but not shot out either. Stops everything else I shoot at it no problem Siege at 430 and Ravin 29x at a little more then that. Using bullet points also with the belly on them.

41 - 60 of 122 Posts