Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
60 yards… the target isn’t new but not shot out either. Stops everything else I shoot at it no problem Siege at 430 and Ravin 29x at a little more then that. Using bullet points also with the belly on them.
So, can I expect to lose an arrow when I do my initial 20-yard sight in with the Oracle X?

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
You will probably lose some vanes. if you set it up so it’s swings that would help Absorb some energy. Also a brand new target it might be OK mine has a couple to few hundred shots on it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You will probably lose some vanes. if you set it up so it’s swings that would help Absorb some energy. Also a brand new target it might be OK mine has a couple to few hundred shots on it.
I am using a brand new ironman( not extreme 550) and a new Bulldog target. They will stop the arrow, just don’t shoot near an existing hole or it will go to the vanes. Just rotate your shots, I have also laid the targets flat and step on them to compress all the inners back down. Think that helps?

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I’ve been doing the same stepping on it to repack. Mine is the extreme 500.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I am using a brand new ironman( not extreme 550) and a new Bulldog target. They will stop the arrow, just don’t shoot near an existing hole or it will go to the vanes. Just rotate your shots, I have also laid the targets flat and step on them to compress all the inners back down. Think that helps?
It's a Tenpoint,no worries of shooting same hole, LOL.

That was a joke and I couldn't resist! I think that will easily be the bow of the year! Congrats.......

Reactions: philztoy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like the best Bulldog target is only rated for 450 fps so are you turning it at a slight angle?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
So what does the “TP Inhibitor” not do that’s different then other crossbows? Does Ravin’s 500 have an Inhibitor or is theirs a different design?

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I believe The TP will fire with no arrow but the Inhibitor catches the string and with the Ravin it has a disconnect that won’t let the bow fire at all unless an arrow is securely I place.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I will be looking to get the moss green model over the summer, unless Ravin pulls a miracle out of their ass.
😀 😀😀

i think they might eventually get a nice bow out of this one, but i am not so sure i want to back wind a set of ball screws.

So the Tenpoint dryfire inhibitor is the same idea as the Excalibur. It catches the string after its released about 1/4" so the bow takes a minor hit to the limbs and cams which usually will not cause any damage but its been know to bend the little pin in the catch and then the trigger box wont slide.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Its a good thing Dave is off to the show or my wife would be spanking me a good one about 3 days from now. LOL.

Just gives me more time to see how they are holding up for you guys so get shooting!!! LOL

61 - 80 of 122 Posts