Crossbow Nation banner

Nitro 505 First impressions

24K views 148 replies 45 participants last post by  WWB 
#1 · (Edited)
I received the Nitro 505 from @Wyvern Creations ordered it Sunday night received Tuesday at 1:00PM. Now thats what I call Top Rate Customer Service.. First impressions of the bow is nothing but positive. Finish is perfect accuslide works flawlessly. Bow is slightly heavier then my Sieges not much at all and slightly larger again not much. Balances very well.
I shot about 25 shots out of it. Sighted in to 60 yards with Burris oracle X shocked how close it was at 20 first shot compared to 29x it came off of. 1“ right that was it. The Extreme 500 does stop it if you push the packing down after every 3 shots if not bury’s them to the vanes. One arrow down So far. If I have to complain about something it will be TP a needs to use better glue on their vanes. So far no center serving wear to report. And it’s quieter then my 29x by quite a bit.
Once sighted in with field point put on the Swat practice head and sighted in with that at 60 was about inch low. I made adjustments and put on a real Moab head shot 3x and it’s ready for the stand hoping to get out there tomorrow. The swat Moab Flys great out of this bow. Attached are photos of the swat practice head and Moab shot at 60 yards. Overall very happy with this bow so far. Will update after I get more shots on it.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Black Bumper Automotive exterior

Swat practice head
Bag Grass Gas Jewellery Font

swat Moab
Green Light Yellow Grass Asphalt

center serving after 25 shots
Automotive tire Rectangle Bumper Musical instrument accessory Grey

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like Tenpoint hit a home run on this one! Looks like everyone else will be chasing them now.....Congrats!!!

#12 ·
What yardage did you zero at? I'd bet that bow would be good from 20 to 50 with a 30 yard zero? If you get time and want to play with it some more, I'd be curious what happens at those yards holding dead center at those yards.....Just curious.

#17 ·
I received the Nitro 505 from @Wyvern Creations ordered it Sunday night received Tuesday at 1:00PM. Now thats what I call Top Rate Customer Service.. First impressions of the bow is nothing but positive. Finish is perfect accuslide works flawlessly. Bow is slightly heavier then my Sieges not much at all and slightly larger again not much. Balances very well.
I shot about 25 shots out of it. Sighted in to 60 yards with Burris oracle X shocked how close it was at 20 first shot compared to 29x it came off of. 1“ right that was it. The Extreme 500 does stop it if you push the packing down after every 3 shots if not bury’s them to the vanes. One arrow down So far. If I have to complain about something it will be TP a needs to use better glue on their vanes. So far no center serving wear to report. And it’s quieter then my 29x by quite a bit.
Once sighted in with field point put on the Swat practice head and sighted in with that at 60 was about inch low. I made adjustments and put on a real Moab head shot 3x and it’s ready for the stand hoping to get out there tomorrow. The swat Moab Flys great out of this bow. Attached are photos of the swat practice head and Moab shot at 60 yards. Overall very happy with this bow so far. Will update after I get more shots on it. View attachment 214972
Swat practice head View attachment 214969
swat Moab
View attachment 214970
center serving after 25 shots View attachment 214987
I was wondering, did you get the combo with Oracle X? If so, I was wondering if it came with the wireless button?
I dont see it on Tenpoints website that way.

#29 ·
WWB Thanks for your review. I also ordered and received from Dave at Wyvern Creations the TP Nitro 505. I am waiting for the mail man to deliver today Sig Sauer Alpha Tactical Scope Rings SOA10001 for Sig Sauer Sierra6 BDX 2-12 x 40mm.
My bow came with a Tenpoint tech card showing a test firing with a 400gr arrow at 520 FPS.

This bow is not for everyone. I don't expect someone who doesn't want one, need one, afford one or just loves what they have to comment on why they don't want one, need one, or afford one and just loves what they are shooting to be critical of anyone that buys this very nice bow. It isn't for everyone. It might shoot great. It might have problems. I guess if it shoots great I'm happy with my purchase. If it has problems, I trust the CS people at Tenpoint. I have been buying Tenpoint crossbows since the Phantom came out many many years ago. So WWB and anyone else that bought this bow I wish you all the best and a happy New Years to all. I am hoping to be out sighting in this afternoon and hunting through the end of January here in Michigan. All the best.

#31 ·
WWB Thanks for your review. I also ordered and received from Dave at Wyvern Creations the TP Nitro 505. I am waiting for the mail man to deliver today Sig Sauer Alpha Tactical Scope Rings SOA10001 for Sig Sauer Sierra6 BDX 2-12 x 40mm.
My bow came with a Tenpoint tech card showing a test firing with a 400gr arrow at 520 FPS.

This bow is not for everyone. I don't expect someone who doesn't want one, need one, afford one or just loves what they have to comment on why they don't want one, need one, or afford one and just loves what they are shooting to be critical of anyone that buys this very nice bow. It isn't for everyone. It might shoot great. It might have problems. I guess if it shoots great I'm happy with my purchase. If it has problems, I trust the CS people at Tenpoint. I have been buying Tenpoint crossbows since the Phantom came out many many years ago. So WWB and anyone else that bought this bow I wish you all the best and a happy New Years to all. I am hoping to be out sighting in this afternoon and hunting through the end of January here in Michigan. All the best.
Good luck out there!
Oncebitten

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.