Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to give this one a go in 2020 in my Tree climber.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Looks like it would work good from here. It's better than reaching to your side and unhooking it from a tree branch. Less movement. You can bring it straight up to your eye with a set up like that.

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can swivel outward and it's designed for a tree climber. I'm not worried one bit. It's going to be a major value add. No more screwing hooks into trees which is a violation in Bama.

It will fit on my Ole Man Tree climber perfectly.

Reactions: Martymig

·
8,855 Posts
A hundred … million trees in Alabama and they're worried about a 1/4" x 2" screw going harmlessly into a tree? Makes me laugh. 😂 I see "no harming vegetation" rules in a lot of places that I kill deer. I pole saw, chainsaw, folding saw, weed whack, and battery hedge clipper shooting lanes constantly. One little storm and the area loses trees, branches, limbs like crazy. I'm not risking a GF trying to shoot through branches and crap. You worried about a few branches or you worried about killing the deer that eat a ton of your habitat & vegetation every week??? :unsure::);)

·
8,855 Posts
I always buy ladder stands with shooting rails. Keep the bow in the almost ready position at all times.
Amen … I've developed a fondness for pole ladders and hang-ons lately. Mostly because you can get higher and they're easier to put up alone.

Reactions: Swamp Hunter 92NC

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A hundred … million trees in Alabama and they're worried about a 1/4" x 2" screw going harmlessly into a tree? Makes me laugh. 😂 I see "no harming vegetation" rules in a lot of places that I kill deer. I pole saw, chainsaw, folding saw, weed whack, and battery hedge clipper shooting lanes constantly. One little storm and the area loses trees, branches, limbs like crazy. I'm not risking a GF trying to shoot through branches and crap. You worried about a few branches or you worried about killing the deer that eat a ton of your habitat & vegetation every week??? :unsure::);)
You crazy old farts, what up? You all are doing it again? I didn't buy this damn attachment because I'm a tree hugger. As for the tree hook it's a state law. It is what it is. However, it's not the reason why I purchased the Xbow attachment. I purchased this to keep my Xbow closer to me for less movement. Oh, it does come with a Coffee pot hanger too. :p;):cool:

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
Hey Tom, I say if it works for you then go for it. I much prefer my crossbow pointing down instead of up when a deer is moving in close. Just my 2 cents...……….;):)

·
2,780 Posts
It should work well enough. I mostly have the foot stirrup of the bow between my feet on the stand, until I see/hear deer coming, then I get it to a more ready position. I see the TV shows when they reach over to get them off the hook. That much movement never seems to be a good thing for me.

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Tom, I say if it works for you then go for it. I much prefer my crossbow pointing down instead of up when a deer is moving in close. Just my 2 cents...……….;):)
Gabowman, I think it will be pointing down when I grab it off the side attachment. Maybe I don't understand what you are saying. My thinking is I don't like reaching up to get my Xbow because of movement. It's the reason why I got the attachment. Hey, I may eat my words and will admit it if I don't like it. ;):cool: Soon, I'll find out. Sept. 15th can't get here soon enough. Shoot on boys!

The coffee pot attachment is a nice feature. :p

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I bought one several years ago and had my step-son make 3 extra brackets that I left mounted on my other stands and I just carried the upper section strapped to my back pack.

I really like it, even holds a RDT.

IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG

Reactions: SEW and dynamo61

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks like a good concept, I always hang mine also from a crossbow holder. Looks like quick access

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
That's how I see it.... why reach out to get your bow when you can have it right in front of you.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I always buy ladder stands with shooting rails. Keep the bow in the almost ready position at all times.
This. What I use.

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
Gabowman, I think it will be pointing down when I grab it off the side attachment. Maybe I don't understand what you are saying. My thinking is I don't like reaching up to get my Xbow because of movement. It's the reason why I got the attachment. Hey, I may eat my words and will admit it if I don't like it. ;):cool: Soon, I'll find out. Sept. 15th can't get here soon enough. Shoot on boys!

The coffee pot attachment is a nice feature. :p
Tom, me and you are thinking alike. Here's a couple pics of the home made bow holder I use on my Summit. (Note the bow points down and takes a very little amount of movement getting it shouldered and pointing at a deer.);)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts