Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2 nice crossbows and rangefinder and camos and a turkey call and lisence and target practiced since November of last year which led to my boss and co workers to become very envious of me and I changed jobs to avoid confrontation and stress everyday. Now that I just started a new and better paying job i dont have any time to go hunting with all the overtime im getting. It seems its going to be a struggle to find the opportunity to get out and turkey hunt here in Pa. I have until the 27th to get it in. It will be my first hunt ever and I am excited but I don't want to have to rush out of my house and hunt just to hunt . I want to make a good relaxing time out of it.... this is the story of my life...it seems I never get time to enjoy anything. But I am making the money now with my huge pay increase. So I'll take the good with the bad. My work is easy ! I'm a professional painter and I enjoy it and do it well. I've been blessed. Now I need blessed with a big old fat plump turkey to lance with my DeathStalker or Titan SS .

·
Registered
12,945 Posts
For 20 years I knew nothing but work. I was the day shift floor Supervisor in a manufacturing plant and if one employee worked on the weekend then a Super had to be there. Guess who was there Saturdays and Sundays during day shift?!? Me! I usually had a day a month off work other than the 6 weeks vacation I had. The Plant Manager didn't let us cash those in...rather had to take 'em. Most of mine went during deer season. I cannot complain though. My Dad always told me to get it while I can (time-and-a-half and double time....I was salary-by-the-hour) and since the plant closed in 2009 I'm now glad I did. Bank rolled a pretty penny that I'm getting to enjoy now.

Now in my older years things are working out better. No more baseball, track, basketball, softball, whatever else to be chasing (always supported my kids thru school and college) and with this much time on my hands again I always seem to be getting on the wife's nerves hanging around the house so much.:) So.....I get to hunt and fish about as much as I want again. It will happen for you too...one of these days.

So like my Dad told me...I say get it while you can because it might be gone one of these days. Then you'll have plenty of time to hunt and fish.;):)

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is exactly how I see it...get it while the getting good. I want to be happy 10 years from now with all the decisions I make. I have enough regrets as it is....thanks !

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the looks of it, by the time I will have the opportunity to hunt with the DS I'll have the money to just go ahead and buy the Aculeus to go hunt with ! So the DS may never see a turkey or deer !........lol....

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's what I want unless they come out with one that's even faster by the time it's feesable for me to get one. I was just joking about the DS ....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I hear you on that, ... the whole world breaks down to "time or money".
... and funny how you seem to need one when you have lots of the other :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts