Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up some inexpensive discontinued 20" CE Piledrivers and 20" CE Juggernauts to try in my Tenpoint Nitro XRT.
Each box of CE bolts comes with plastic Omni Nocks, Half Moon Nocks and Capture Nocks.

Have any of you with Tenpoint crossbows that were manufactured in the last 4 years successfully used nocks other than the Alpha nocks in your crossbow without any adverse impact to the crossbow or serving?
If so, what style/brand have you used?

Have any of you successfully fitted Alpha nock receivers in Carbon Express bolts?
If so, what size did you use and where did you obtain them?

Thank you!

·
Registered
572 Posts
What color are the omni nocks? The omni nock color will determine the correct receiver size you will need.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If they are on CE arrows, they ARE NOT Omni or Alpha nocks and don’t shoot them out of ANY TenPoint product. Shoot Alpha nock out of your XRT. There is not an Alpha nock for the .285 CE arrows.
I’ve seen this first hand on a buddies carbon phantom...he thought they were omni
Blew up his bow first arrow

Reactions: archer36
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is my understanding that as Tenpoint limb widths decreased and FPS increased, Tenpoint moved towards more of a radiused capture style nock in their Alpha Nock which provides increased string engagement over thier Omni nock.

The Omni style nock provided does not need a receiver to be used in the CE shafts. Regardless, i would not consider using the Omni style nock.

I believe the CE shafts require a .285 ID receiver.
If they are on CE arrows, they ARE NOT Omni or Alpha nocks and don’t shoot them out of ANY TenPoint product. Shoot Alpha nock out of your XRT. There is not an Alpha nock for the .285 CE arrows.
When does Tenpoint plan to offer an Alpha Nock that can be fitted to a .285 ID arrow?

77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, when will Tenpoint release a one piece Alpha nock and make it available in various diameters. Seems there would be a market for them.

77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes please........to put it plainly alpha nocks bite. Tenpoint can much better
Seems they got the nock shape right but fell short on the delivery. The 2 piece design using a plastic
Insert seems like a weak link for bows producing 470fps.

How difficult can it be to offer a one piece nock in popular diameters?

I'd gladly be a beta tester.

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
Seems they got the nock shape right but fell short on the delivery. The 2 piece design using a plastic
Insert seems like a weak link for bows producing 470fps.
How difficult can it be to offer a one piece nock in popular diameters?
I'd gladly be a beta tester.
Why would a company make nocks for arrow sizes they do not sell?
Does not make business sense to me.
Also, the rails are designed for a 0.348" O.D. shaft and the present arrows are all 0.297" I.D. so it is what it is.

Hard to believe they would ignore nocks with all the other advancements they have made. Like shooting cheap ammo in a match grade rifle.
Over 600 shots at 440 fps, 445gr arrows with both aluminum and plastic alpha nocks, I can remember one, maybe two falling out AFTER hitting a SpyderWeb ST18XL NO SPEED LIMIT target from 25 yards..
That was when the arrows blew through the target, buried to the vanes, and are still stuck in it to this day.
Whatever the case, I am sure TenPoint is addressing it.
As far as being "cheap", I would put the EVO-X CenterPunch up against any arrow today, including custom Spynal Tapps.
I have tried both and don't see a big difference (if at all) in performance up to 40 yards so far.
Will post results from further distances later this spring/summer but I've had EVO-X CenterPunch fly true to 120 yards from a BOG DeathGrip Tripod.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Also, the rails are designed for a 0.348" O.D. shaft and the present arrows are all 0.297" I.D. so it is what it is.

Over 600 shots at 440 fps, 445gr arrows with both aluminum and plastic alpha nocks, I can remember one, maybe two falling out AFTER hitting a SpyderWeb ST18XL NO SPEED LIMIT target from 25 yards..
That was when the arrows blew through the target, buried to the vanes, and are still stuck in it to this day.
As far as being "cheap", I would put the EVO-X CenterPunch up against any arrow today, including custom Spynal Tapps.
I have tried both and don't see a big difference (if at all) in performance up to 40 yards so far.
Will post results from further distances later this spring/summer but I've had EVO-X CenterPunch fly true to 120 yards from a BOG DeathGrip Tripod.
Not saying the arrows aren’t good quality, but the nocks bite. When you need power tools to remove them, it’s a poor design. They can do much better. The insert is not needed and serves no purpose other than to cause headaches.

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
Not saying the arrows aren’t good quality, but the nocks bite. When you need power tools to remove them, it’s a poor design. They can do much better. The insert is not needed and serves no purpose other than to cause headaches.
I know what you are saying and I am disagreeing.
I'm sure you know why the 2 piece nock was brought out in the first place, then glued in a year later.

Seems like whatever TenPoint does to try to make their Customers happy, some will complain.
You know, "damned if you do and damned if you don't", right?

But, that's life, c'est la vie, así es la vida, это жизнь, هكذا الحياة, それが人生だ, etc, etc, etc...

77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Tenpoint inserted themselves into the arrow game with their proprietary Alpha Nock, requiring it to be used with their bows to maintain their 5 year warranty on the limbs.

There is no requirement to use their Evo bolts.

If they establish a requirement to use their proprietary nock but only make them available in a two piece design and one size, that just seems monopolistic and half ass for a company such as Tenpoint.

If they want to get in that game, get in all the way or get out. Don't leave your customers hanging.

Apparently, i am not the only Tenpoint owner or prospective Tenpoint owner that feels this way.

Most reputable companies that are concerned about their customers needs and requests will act upon them if they desire repeat business.

Perhaps Tenpoint needs to reassess their business model and mission statement.

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
Tenpoint inserted themselves into the arrow game with their proprietary Alpha Nock, requiring it to be used with their bows to maintain their 5 year warranty on the limbs....,,
Most reputable companies that are concerned about their customers needs and requests will act upon them if they desire repeat business.
Perhaps Tenpoint needs to reassess their business model and mission statement.
TenPoint was selling arrows and nocks long before the Alpha Nock came out.

TenPoint has made 3 nock changes in 4 years to satisfy Customer demands, improve safety and reduce dry-fire scenarios.
That is a HUGE investment, dollar-wise, in Customer satisfaction.

As I stated, some will never be happy.
I, for one, am quite content with TenPoint's efforts.

Have you personally reached out to their Customer Satisfaction Dept.?
I am sure, from personal experience, that they would bend over backwards and do their best to make you happy.

No, I do not work for TenPoint.

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
BTW, although TenPoint does voluntarily come to these forums to help Members, they surely do not see every single complaint.
They have a great Facebook page as well, with many of the Support Staff manning it all day long, too.

Contacting the Company directly will have the most impact I'm sure.
I am also very sure they are well aware of nock concerns and are addressing them.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
There has been a pretty vocal dissatisfaction with the 2 piece alpha nock and they haven't addressed it other than to say "we have nothing else in the works". A one piece friction fit nock would be an easy addition to their line up and would be very well received IMO.
Did the current alpha nock keep me from buying two of their bows? No, but that doesn't mean I am completely happy or satisfied with the product.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I know what you are saying and I am disagreeing.
I'm sure you know why the 2 piece nock was brought out in the first place, then glued in a year later.

Seems like whatever TenPoint does to try to make their Customers happy, some will complain.
You know, "damned if you do and damned if you don't", right?

But, that's life, c'est la vie, así es la vida, это жизнь, هكذا الحياة, それが人生だ, etc, etc, etc...
I don’t feel like pointing out areas lacking in a design is just “complaining”. Public input is how things get improved. This is why on another thread recently with another unhappy alpha nock user I suggested letting ten point know his concerns. The more they they hear, the better chance they will improve the design. I don’t know anyone that would enjoy drilling out a receiver just to change nocks.
Keeping fresh nocks in arrows is good for safety, and good for accuracy. Why make it harder than it needs to be?

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
Keeping fresh nocks in arrows is good for safety, and good for accuracy. Why make it harder than it needs to be?
I have already pointed out in the other thread why they glued the nocks in, to make people happy.
It is right on their own website under "Arrows":
QUOTE:
NOTE: Based on consumer feedback, all non-lighted polymer Alpha-Nocks are glued into the EVO-X CenterPunch Premium Carbon Crossbow Arrows (Part# HEA-740.6). If you wish to shoot the lighted version of the CenterPunch arrow, please purchase the EVO-X CenterPunch Alpha-Brite Carbon Arrows (Part# HEA-748.3) or click HERE.
For more information about TenPoint’s Alpha-Nock, please click HERE.

END QUOTE:
Source: EVO-X CenterPunch Carbon Arrows | Most Accurate Crossbow Arrows

Again, damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Let me ask, which TenPoint xbow and arrows are you presently shooting and how many shots per week?
How many nocks have you had fall out in total?
I have had 1 or 2 out of 600 fall out in the past 10 months.
Quite happy with that, all day long.
My 0.02.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts